Queasy, nauseous feeling..diarrhea?:

Huggles13151
on 1/20/11 8:05 pm - Northwood, OH
:eek2: I was banded on the 10th and had what I found out by reading a lot of these posts were the expected gas problems and port soreness. Have been doing good getting better, losing weight etc. For some unknown reason I ended up with diarrhea wed. and yesterday I was feeling queasy and nauseous and and had the diarrhea again. Has anyone else had this happen a week after surgery? I have heard there is some kind of bug going around but I haven't been out around a lot of ppl. I haven't thrown up or anything just queasy and when I was out I picked up some liquid nausea medication just in case. I'm terrified of throwing up and having my band slip. Any insight or thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated. By the way I am still on my post-op liquid diet ( creamed soup etc.).:(

Jo 1962
on 1/20/11 9:38 pm - NearHouston, TX
On January 21, 2011 at 4:05 AM Pacific Time, Huggles13151 wrote:
:eek2: I was banded on the 10th and had what I found out by reading a lot of these posts were the expected gas problems and port soreness. Have been doing good getting better, losing weight etc. For some unknown reason I ended up with diarrhea wed. and yesterday I was feeling queasy and nauseous and and had the diarrhea again. Has anyone else had this happen a week after surgery? I have heard there is some kind of bug going around but I haven't been out around a lot of ppl. I haven't thrown up or anything just queasy and when I was out I picked up some liquid nausea medication just in case. I'm terrified of throwing up and having my band slip. Any insight or thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated. By the way I am still on my post-op liquid diet ( creamed soup etc.).:(
I experienced a little of the same thing during that liquid diet.  No solids in - No solids out perhaps?

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

KathyS39
on 1/20/11 11:56 pm - St Pete Beach, FL
I was banded on the 6th and experienced what you are going through as well.  I went to the surgeon and got a prescription anti-nausea medication as my nausea was to the point of dry heaving. The surgeon also told me to stop drinking the protein drinks (I went back to broth and water for a few days) and he also took the fluid out of my band (He had put my band in with 3 cc's of fluid).  My nausea subsided with the deletion of protein drinks and the unfill.  My diarrhea got better as I was able to eat mushies.  I would say to give your doctor a call, after all, it can't hurt.  I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Kathy Allen

Laurena
on 1/21/11 12:39 am - Louisville, KY
Hi...I was banded same day as you on the 10th. This is normal my Dr.gave me anti nauseous pills even before I left the hospital.Diarreha is normal too,but it is getting better with me.I eat lots of cream tomatoe soups.Looking forward to eat mush next week.
Good Luck to you.

airhead_74
on 1/21/11 7:05 am
DS on 08/20/12
I had my surgery on the 10th also. And I have been experiencing the same problems. My Dr. gave me a small patch to wear behind my ear for nausea. It helps but it causes blurred vision. As for the nausea I hear it's normal. Will be glad when it goes away. With the diahrea I hear that's normal, too. All the dairy and liquids contribute to that. There is also a virus going around and my hubby and son had it. So I'm sure they have shared it with me. But it's hard to tell which is from the diet and which is from the virus. No vomiting yet, thank God!

Best wishes to you on a fast recovery and a healthy new life.

Lap Band with Greater Curvature Plication 1/10/11, Conversion to DS 8/20/12 

Most Active