I WISH I'D NEVER GOTTEN THE LAP-BAND!!!

tracycoder
on 1/19/11 10:38 pm
Not really; just trying a little social exercise!  Move along, nothing to see here ...
Jo 1962
on 1/19/11 11:03 pm - NearHouston, TX
On January 20, 2011 at 6:38 AM Pacific Time, tracycoder wrote:
Not really; just trying a little social exercise!  Move along, nothing to see here ...
Are we THAT bored when its nice and positive  on the messageboard??LOL

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

bubblesrn
on 1/19/11 11:07 pm
hahaha... i was going to say, another WLS WAR!!!

all the weight has been lost post-op..I LOVE MY BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

highest weight: 333 pounds (I know I gained after my last "weigh in" in the doctors office so probably it's more like 340 pounds)
current weight: 151 pounds (7/12/11)
I've been at goal (165 pounds) for 6 months now and now on maintence.  I tend to go up and down depending on time of the month and such! 

FunnyFlamingo2010
on 1/19/11 11:45 pm
It's like a train wreck.......we always have to look  =-)

Lapand surgery 1-6-2010
1st fill 2-16-2010   3.5cc for a total of 5.5 cc
2nd fill scheduled 3-24-2010   NO FILL!!  
3rd fill scheduled 5-11-10  NO FILL =-)
July 1st fill   
August 26 fill   6.8 cc's
November 17 fill   7.2cc's

- 138 lbs GONE!!! 

I am soooo lovin' my band!
It keeps me honest  =-)

Thundergrrrl
on 1/20/11 12:26 am
I don't get it... why start trouble? 

Highest Wt: 274 / LAP-Band Low: 180 / Sleeved at 233 / Goal: 160!

bgrandmabear
on 1/20/11 4:27 am
 thought there was going to be a band war  darn darn darn
fairy_kissez
on 1/20/11 10:30 am - Albuquerque, NM

LOL I was thinking the same thing!!!  

lapband in 2008 at 298lbs , lowest weight was 183lbs , Band almost killed me and removed in 2011. No revison because to much damage for revision.

Anti Lap-band advocate!

dw_two
on 2/9/11 2:13 pm
I never check these message boards, but found your posting because I searched for it.  This is my sentiment exactly.  Additionally, I don't really know what is meant by a wls war except if you are referring to the debate over which type of wls to have.  Anyway, I've been seeing my weight loss counselor because I have been miserable with my weight loss surgery.  Ironically it is really what I needed.  I just don't know how to deal with it.  My lap band surgery was 03/12/09 and I've lost about 75 pounds so far.  I was hoping that the weight loss would help with my diabetes, blood pressure and other health problems, but it hasn't.  I'm still on so many medications and am now suffering with pain from diabetic neuropathy.  I just don't feel good.  I don't blame the wls surgery for this, but I just don't feel better when I thought I would.  I don't enjoy anything that I eat anymore, because I can't eat what I want.  I know this is what I needed to do to lose weight, but I just feel that it isn't worth it.  I never realized that food was my only pleasure and now I feel that I don't have any pleasure in my life.  Work is hard, finances are hard, responsibilities are hard, life is hard, etc.  Food was how I got through the hard things and now I have nothing usable to cope.  My surgeon suggested that I either learn to live with the band or have it reversed.  I really don't want to lose the progress that I've made because I know my mind has not changed and I will gain the weight back, but I don't know how to live with it either.  I've never been so unhappy in my life.  I really want to love my band like others say they are with theirs, but I feel that things are so hopeless and without pleasure.  What is the point of trying to extend my life by losing weight in the first place, if this is how I am going to feel?  Sound insane, but I'd rather die fat with a smile on my face.  Maybe I am insane.  : (
(deactivated member)
on 2/9/11 11:32 pm - Des Moines, IA
Being a RN, I see a lot of obese patients that don't have smiles on their faces.  They struggle with complications of diabetes, heart disease and just being miserable. They struggle to do everyday activities of daily living.  I've seen people have to use tongs to wipe after going to the bathroom because they can't reach.  I've seen people look like a beached wale trying to sit up in bed.  I don't see too many smiles on their faces.  Obesity is your enemy, not your band.

Food is not the only way you can find pleasure.  How about volunteering?  Help someone else out, try and not just focus on what you can't eat anymore.  Try a new hobby.  Try a new exercise.  Get some counseling to deal with your loss of how it "used to be".  

Sorry if I sound cranky, just got back from 13 hours at work and I bet 75% of my patients last night were obese and not smiling too much.  You don't have to love your band, but appreciate better health.

You are not insane, but maybe need to really see that the path of obesity is cruel and it only gets worse as we age.
(deactivated member)
on 2/9/11 11:35 pm - Des Moines, IA
How are you doing Tracy?  Glad to see that your post was just being silly.  

( I did see dw  two's post and I wrote to her)  so I guess I did see something.......
Most Active