I just PBd on Ice Cream

cintigirl
on 1/19/11 2:23 pm
I haven't had a fill in over six months.  I have felt  restriction all along.  I worked until 0015 hrs today and decided to pick up some ice cream on the way home.  I haven't eaten any ice cream in months.  I managed threes spoons full before I realized it wasn't gonna happen.  Can my band be that fickle?

If nothing changes.......nothing changes!

Kate -True Brit
on 1/19/11 3:28 pm - UK

Sudden extreme cold? Cold foods soemtimes do it for me.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

NCA2008
on 1/19/11 8:35 pm, edited 1/19/11 8:36 pm - NC
Really cold shakes, smoothies, icecream, yogurt & pudding do that to me..but after a few bites it usually loosens up a bit.

Start/293lbs   Current/189lbs  Goal/160lbs

The New Mrs
on 1/19/11 8:37 pm - Mooresville, NC
VSG on 02/09/12
I routinely have that happen with ice cream.  I have to introduce it slowly and let it mostly melt in my mouth before I swallow.  After posting here a few days ago, I DO think it's the extreme cold that affects me and my band when it comes to ice cream.  After someone else talked about it here, I noticed I can have trouble with extremely cold beverages too. 

Julie
Lap Band Surgery 12/19/2009, revised to Sleeve 2/9/2012

Next goal:  183
hopeinarizona
on 1/20/11 1:06 am
Yep, it's the cold that did that.

Hermosa L
on 1/20/11 1:32 am
I actually get a little tight after working out.. I think it's the sweating and making sure I have had enough water.. usually after the gym I need to take my first few bites very slowly.. sometimes even drink something hot before I eat dinner to risk not getting stuck.

Yesterday I did boot camp and wanted to take a break to eat then go back for Zumba but my band wasn't going to let me eat right after the gym.. I ended up having to eat chili very hot so it went down..
(deactivated member)
on 1/20/11 4:24 am

They say ice cream is a slider for most people, not for me - (I would be stuck after 3 good sized bites) I can't eat enought to even bother trying to pig out on it, I would probably have to drink it as a liquid which totally defeats the purpose of ICE cream :)  Of course there have been a couple of occassions where my band has felt pretty loose and I thought hmmmm I betcha ice cream would go down pretty well.... and found myself eating too much.

Most Active