What postive thing has WLS done for you?

Hermosa L
on 1/20/11 3:51 am
Sorry I couldn't get my photos and message all on 1 post.

The Band has given me a chance at a happy life. Not just because I'm thinner but because I'm taking the time to repair myself on the side.. not turning to food and self loathing. I'm working on fixing the problem instead of ignorning it and eating to feel better.

I'm more social in a different way.. before I made it a point to win someone over with my charm, wit and humor and now I just let people get to know the real me.

I have developed a love/hate relationship with the gym ... I've become a zumba fanatic, I'm trying Boot Camp and hopefully with lots encouragement I will try spin class. All things I would NOT of attempted at 313 pounds.

I can sit in my car comfortably
I don't worry if I'm going to "fit" in a chair
I don't stress at being the biggest person in the room
I laugh more
I love me more
I am willing to try more things without the fear of my weight
I wore a bathing suit this summer in public and I took a photo
I wore a tube top dress to an 80's party w/o fear
I dress with more confidence for work instead of wearing whatever fits
I have found a new love of tights!!
It's nice to look down and see feet and not belly
It's nice to be able to walk into any department store and know I can find something to wear and not fret because it's not Lane Bryant or Avenue.
I can laugh and lunch with my friends and feel like I belong.
(deactivated member)
on 1/20/11 4:10 am
Goodness, there are so many:

I do not feel guilty when eating anymore -- even when I have a treat
I'm wanting to come out of my shell and try lots of new things I would've never done before
Getting to buy new smaller clothes
Having more energy
Feeling closer to "normal" whatever that is :)

Trixie

psychomom
on 1/20/11 4:15 am - China Grove, NC
I'm kind of still new at this but in just a short time my band has....
* given me ANKLES!!!! Who knew they were there? Still waiting on my collarbones tho.LOL
* renewed the zest in my marriage. ;P
* Cleared out my closet.
* I too now am in LOVE with tights. NOT(only) because they are stretchy and comfortable BUT because they actually look good now! Before I would have worn them with huge tops because they did not cut my breath off now I wear them with something a little more fitted strictly for looks!
* I own not one but two LBD's(strapless to boot) now! I never understood the power of these until recently.
* I do not sweat profusely (even in winter).
* I can go places and walk and not worry about hurting all over and getting winded.
* I am no longer worried when I eat if I will get enough and if ppl are going to realize how much food I am gonna put away. I eat normally . (still gets to me to leave food so I am the queen of ....can I have a box?)

**There are so many things but these are a few of my favorites. I too do not think this is the easy way out but it has been worth everything I have done so far!!!!

Tiff tells all
on 1/20/11 4:19 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
2 Little Black Dresses and shapely Ankles- Somebody hit the jackpot!

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

psychomom
on 1/20/11 4:35 am - China Grove, NC
I know right! Now I have added ditching the double chin and not having a fear pf being photographed to my TO DO list ! LOL 
PS....I wanna try hiking.Last time my family and I went on a hike in the mountains I sat midway to the top of the hill because I was too out of shape to go to the top.:(   I'd like to try it now.

Jean M.
on 1/20/11 5:01 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Tiff,

In my bedroom, it's BOOM chicka chicka BOOM chicka chicka, but to each his or her own.

My list is endless, so I'll just say (at the risk of sounding hopelessly sappy), that WLS brought me to OH, where I met dozens of great people who all understand what obesity was like for me, and whose presence in my life (both online and in person) has enriched it enormously.

Even though ONE of those people who shall remain nameless has NATURALLY CURLY HAIR!

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Hermosa L
on 1/20/11 5:19 am
Hey .. I have naturally curly hair too!! LOL :)
Tiff tells all
on 1/20/11 5:35 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
Careful...she'll start shooting daggers out her baby blues at you too!  Soon she's going to sick one of her doggies on us both.

Tiff

Jean M.
on 1/20/11 9:44 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Yeah, I noticed that. That puts you right up at the top of what my mom used to call "the fecal roster". But Tiff is still at the very tippy top of it.

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Tiff tells all
on 1/20/11 5:33 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
Circa 1994- i kind of miss my fro!

Tiff

Most Active