DIY gastric bypass kit found for sale on Amazon

jana_m_dowler
on 1/20/11 3:05 am - Rockport, WV
Bizarre! My coworkers told me about it this morning and I just now was able to find a link.

I'm sure there are some nutso's that will try this themselves.

http://www.komonews.com/news/health/114013264.html

Jana
(deactivated member)
on 1/20/11 3:14 am - Miramar Beach, FL
 They were talking about this on the Main Forum a couple of days ago.  The ad has apparently been taken down at Amazon, but the link you shared had a link to the cached ad.  The reviews are hilarious!

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search

Tami
Hislady
on 1/20/11 3:23 am - Vancouver, WA
I heard on the news last night that it had been pulled from sales. Supposedly it was only for physicians but how would they know for sure. Like you say some knucklhead was bound to try it at home!
jana_m_dowler
on 1/20/11 3:50 am - Rockport, WV

Well I tried to add to my cart and it wouldn't let me do it. So I figured it has. I don't visit the main board very often so this is the first I have heard about it. I thought that it was bizarre.

The reviews on it was hilarious. I wonder if they were true?

Jana

Jean M.
on 1/20/11 3:32 am
Revision on 08/16/12
OMG, the amazon reviews were priceless! I needed that laugh!

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Lisa O.
on 1/20/11 5:43 am - Snoqualmie, WA
I know, crazy huh?  It was one of my morning talk radio reportes that discovered it and called it to the companies attention! 

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

mary101678
on 1/20/11 6:45 am - RI
VSG on 07/10/12
This is hilarious... of course someone would have tried it....

I didn't get to see the ad, but I am sure it started out with something like, have a sharp knife handy!!!

crystalLL
on 1/20/11 6:53 am - Hemet, CA
Yep...I saw that on the news last night.  That is just crazy.  You are so right though...someone will go and try this. 

CRYSTAL LL    HW 357 SW 343  GW 175 (almost there)                                  
Most Active