What do you do when You Want it, Need it, Gotta have it?

tracycoder
on 1/19/11 10:31 pm
Something sweet, that is!

No matter how well I try to eat, every once in awhile I get a sweets craving that will not go away.  Does this happen to anyone else?  I've discovered that the cure for this sweet tooth is to eat one Hershey's Kiss.  It's only about 25 calories but it packs a lot of chocolate taste into a little package.

What do you satisfy the sweets monster when a craving strikes?
Mell
on 1/19/11 10:33 pm
I wait 3 days if I still want it, I eat if for breakfast and work it off during the day!
tracycoder
on 1/19/11 10:39 pm
Wow Mell, you have an iron will!  I wouldn't be able to concentrate on work or anything if I waited three days!
bubblesrn
on 1/19/11 11:06 pm
I'll have it!  Just not in the amounts as I used to have prior to surgery!
If it's ice cream, I go to a place that sells a kids size scoop ex: baskin robbins and have my 1 scoop.
if it's chocolate, I buy the smallest piece I can buy.  NEVER the Kings size bars anymore!
The key is to never deprive yourself of something, at least for me because I end up binging on it which is not healthy at all. 
Moderation for me is the key to my success....
It works for me and will continue to work for me! 

all the weight has been lost post-op..I LOVE MY BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

highest weight: 333 pounds (I know I gained after my last "weigh in" in the doctors office so probably it's more like 340 pounds)
current weight: 151 pounds (7/12/11)
I've been at goal (165 pounds) for 6 months now and now on maintence.  I tend to go up and down depending on time of the month and such! 

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/19/11 11:15 pm - Mexico
Remember, sugar cravings are a HUGE symptom of low Vit D. When I get sugar cravings I pop an extra Vit D tablet and that takes care of it.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
(deactivated member)
on 1/19/11 11:18 pm - Miramar Beach, FL
 Never heard that before, thanks!  

Tami
tracycoder
on 1/20/11 5:51 am
On January 20, 2011 at 7:15 AM Pacific Time, WASaBubbleButt wrote:
Remember, sugar cravings are a HUGE symptom of low Vit D. When I get sugar cravings I pop an extra Vit D tablet and that takes care of it.

I never knew that; thanks for the info!
kathkeb
on 1/19/11 11:34 pm
Fruit, or pudding, or yogurt or 1/2 a Luna Bar.

I don't eat candy or other traditional sweets anymore ---- I cannot have a little, so I don't have any.
My mind ismuch more peaceful not having those foods as an option.
Kath

craazy4luv
on 1/20/11 1:04 am - Reno, NV
I am with you!!!  I don't trust myself to control it.  The Doctor said don't, so I don't.  So I eat a sugar free chocolate pudding with a few nuts in it.  It kind of tastes like what I remember a chocolate bar tasting like.

adorkbl
on 1/23/11 7:54 am
"I don't eat candy or other traditional sweets anymore ---- I cannot have a little, so I don't have any."

I finally had to realize this myself with ice cream. No control. There was no "little" bit for me. So I am axing it completely from diet (unless I am on a dinner date with hubby... then I "may")

It is harder. But I hope eventually I can get to a point where I can have a SF pudding and feel satisfied.

That will happen, right? lol.

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

Most Active