bummed... using food for comfort... someone SHAKE me

adorkbl
on 1/19/11 8:09 am
So my port replacement proved to be more painful then I thought it would be. I didn't expect to feel like I got sat on by sasquatch. I have been sleeping or laying on the couch since Monday. I tried going back to work Tuesday but that was too soon. I should take some pain medication or something but I am worried I will move around more if I don't feel the pain and cause damage. Stupid. I know.

I have a horrible frame of mind right now and it is ******G me OFF. I just want to eat crap. Kinda of like a last hoorah before I get restriction back. I am mad and depressed that I can't exercise. I am mad and depressed that I am AGAIN turning to food right now.

My thinking is so all or nothing. I am like.. eh... can't exercise... so why not eat ****ty too. Ugh. Ack. Phooey.

Someone please tell me something to get me out of my funk!! PLEASE.

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

HD Mama
on 1/19/11 8:23 am

I know what you mean about all or nothing - I've pretty much always been like that....luckily for me, I've gone the other end of the spectrum where I will work out obsessively and if for some reason I can't - I eat as little as possible (both things, not so healthy mentally/physically, I'm sure, LOL). 

I know you can't exercise really yet, but how about going for a nice walk, that still counts as exercise and it's something to do other than eat!

No last hoorah's - you can do this, you just need to get your head in the game and unfortunately white knuckle it a bit until you get restriction .  

Best of luck to you.

adorkbl
on 1/19/11 8:40 am
All or nothing comes in handy when I can exercise... I just feel a little lost right now. Thank you so much for the pep talk. I know I can do this. I am just feeling sorry for myself and need the shake. 

Looking forward to feeling 100% again.

Posted Image

gallbladder  

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/11 8:35 am - Des Moines, IA
You need to take some pain meds.  You aren't going to damage your port if you follow your surgeon's orders as far as activity.  You need to go for short little walks, just laying around isn't going to help you.  Eating poorly will only make you feel worse, you know it's not the answer. 

I hope you get to feeling better soon.  Take a pain pill and get a little gentle exercise.  Walk in place or back and forth in your home, unless it's warm where you live.  Here in Iowa, it's 7 degrees.....

How about starting a new hobby.  Do you like to crochet or knit, paint or draw?  Or have you read "Bandwagon"?  Get your mind off of food.

It will get better!  There are sunnier days ahead!
Kristi
adorkbl
on 1/19/11 8:44 am
Your right. I should take a pain pill and go for a short walk. Luckily I live in AZ and it is in the 70's today. Think I will go walk with hubby when he gets home from work.

I have't read Bandwagon. Was hoping it would come out in E-pub so I could get it for my Nook. Seems to be highly recommended... so I think I will pick one up.

Posted Image

gallbladder  

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/11 8:50 am - Des Moines, IA
Dang, get outside for me!  I would love to go outside for a walk!  Let us know how you are doing!
Most Active