Help something stuck

Kathryn K.
on 1/19/11 2:15 am - Lincoln, AL
I  have had the lap band for a while. Ive had two children with the lapband.. so I have had it emptied twice. I am now back on the losing side. Before my second child I lost  109 pounds.. gainded a bit and now going back down.. My problem is I have some thing stuck in my band. I only  have 1.5 ccs in there but I can eat something in the morning and by  the second or third bite I have something stuck. Before I know that was not chewing my food well. I am chewing like twenty times now... Yesterday I could not keep anything down.. THis morning I tried to have a protien shake for breakfast and could not even do that.

What can I do when someting gets stuck.. what can I do to keep it from happening. My Dr. feels I should not have that much restriction with just 1.5 ccs but I do!

Tiff tells all
on 1/19/11 3:03 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
if something was stuck in there really bad, you might be just too swollen still. But if you can't even get liquids down, you have to call the MD!  There is no way around that.

Call the MD and tell him what happened. You'll have to be demanding with them to get what you need if they are stubborn.  Let us know how that call goes.

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

Kathryn K.
on 1/19/11 3:48 am - Lincoln, AL
I can get some liquid down. I can drink coffee and water...  I was wondering if maybe it was just swollen.
Jo 1962
on 1/19/11 8:12 am - NearHouston, TX

Man - I feel your pain.  I just had a stuck episode this afternoon when I was trying to eat lunch (ham slices, grapes & a protein bar) but I didnt make it past the 2nd bite of ham.  I hardly ever get stuck & when I have in the past, the episode never lasted more than a minute or two, 
NOT today.. I slimed for about 2 hours, unable to PB the not-so-well-chewed piece.

SO....having heard about the papaya enzyme tablets from the great folks here on OH, I stopped at Walgreens and got a bottle of it on the way home, still stuck for 2 hours.  IT WORKS. Chewed four of them (no bad aftertaste) and darn if I'm not feeling a WHOLE lot better.

I HOPE you aren't still stuck (OuchOUChOUCH!) but if you are, get try some papaya enzyme. I got 100 tablets for 4.95 and it was buy-one-get-one-free. SO I'm going to keep a bottle at work and one at home.

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

TigerDi
on 1/19/11 11:03 am - Cloquet, MN
I second that !!!   I have used the papaya enzyme tablets and they work.  Especially when slimming.  I would difinately get you some to have on hand.  I carry them also in my purse.  They are chewable and I too like the taste of them. Wal Mart also sells them as I'm sure any place that sells vitamin type products.
TigerDi                
Kathryn K.
on 1/19/11 11:18 am - Lincoln, AL
Thank you so much. I will try that! 

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/19/11 1:30 pm - Mexico
What size band do you have? If you have the 4cc band 1.5cc is certainly more than enough for you to be too tight.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Kathryn K.
on 1/19/11 8:16 pm - Lincoln, AL
I hate to say but, I am not sure.. Maybe 5 ccs. I had 1 in there and had hardley no restriction. Well then they put .5 in and I started having prblems. I am going to try to slow down and chew more, if that is possible, and see if there is a diff. if not I will have to go in. But, I would need them to take out like .25 cc

Jo 1962
on 1/19/11 9:09 pm - NearHouston, TX
So, how are you feeling today? any better?  As for me, I was feeling better after taking the papaya but when I tried drinking water around 7pm, I think all the pb'ing caused swelling because I was still sliming.  I was starting to get a little panicky, thinking I might end up having to call the doc.  THEN, I remembered Jean's book (Bandwagon) on my bookshelf.  I looked up "sliming" and found several strategies. Not sure if it was the papaya, meat tenderizer or the pineapple juice I convinced my son to go out & get for me but...all is well this morning.    I'm going to drink proten shakes for breakfast and lunch today for sure.

(Thanks Jean!)

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

Most Active