out of control?

spuddzy
on 1/18/11 9:42 am - NY
Today after I got home from work I don't know what got into to me, I went from one thing to another. This is the 1st time since I got my band.. I know I need a fill. I have no restriction at all. I had such gravings for differnet things. I'm glad I had none of them in the apt.  I know I came home feeling very tired and that use to be a trigger for me to eat.  I need to get to a support group this sat. With all the bad weather and holidays I haven't been to one.. I feel yuck and had to post it. thanks for hearing me.

spuddzy

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/11 9:48 am - Des Moines, IA
Sounds like you know why, you were tired and that puts your guard down.  I work 12 & 1/2 hour night shifts and when I'm sleep deprived, it's more challenging.  Just start fresh right now and learn from this.  We can't be perfect, but need to be careful not to put our band in harm.
(deactivated member)
on 1/18/11 9:49 am - Miramar Beach, FL
 You're human, welcome to the club!  It happens, but it doesn't have to define you.  Brush this off, and know that tomorrow is another day.  

Tami
jaxmom
on 1/18/11 12:00 pm
SHAKE IT OFF!!!! you are human and it happens!! do not be so hard on yourself. i had two su*****idents... the first, i called 'the pretzel incident' where i managed to make it halfway thru a bag of pretzel goldfish and was so upset... so upset that i ate a few cookies..... I came on here. I cried about it. I beat myself up and then picked myself up and started fresh the next day. The second time, I said to myself  "self, you can eat some bad stuff and then get back on your diet tomorrow. no biggie, it's happened before and you are fine.... still losing weight, etc." Ummm, that was several months ago and I just recommitted this month. My point is, yes, you are human and you are so entitled to stumble. it's inevitable. but also try to figure out what your triggers are and how to avoid a series of stumbles. I really felt crappy about myself for a long time- feeling like i failed with the band. i don't want anyone to ever feel like that. you are awesome for posting it on here. i just stopped coming to the boards and hid. i feel like once you put it out into the forum, you are being accountable and dealing with the situation. i feel like this place (the support here) is invaluable and so necessary for most to succeed. myself included. I made it a point, in case this helps you, to put things in my home that will satisfy cravings without destroying my hard work. I put lite cool whip in my freezer, sugar free jello in the fridge, and low carb/calorie crackers in case i crave crunch. wishing you so much success on your journey
Lap-Banded March 16, 2010
263.4/187/148(Start/current/Goal)

'once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right'

Most Active