Looking at moving to Oregon

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/11 9:13 am - MN
Any residents?

Looking for a NICE town, good temperatures year round, about 7500-9000 residents.

Any help would be great!
Hislady
on 1/18/11 11:03 am - Vancouver, WA
I don't know particular towns but Oregon (and WA) are wonderful places to live, if you don't mind the rain. But shhhhh don't tell anybody we don't want too many folks moving here.
jaxmom
on 1/18/11 12:09 pm
My best friend moved from Long Island NY to Redmond OR  (central oregon) and LOOOOOOOOVVVVEEEES it. It's very 'little house on the prairie' where SHE is living. The area nearby, Bend, Oregon is AWESOME!!!!!! Bend is just amazing.... here is the website www.visitbend.com/
Lap-Banded March 16, 2010
263.4/187/148(Start/current/Goal)

'once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right'

FlabToFab
on 1/18/11 4:25 pm - Chino Hills, CA
I lived in Eugene for 2 years while I went to college at the U of O. It was great. More than 9,000 residents but still had that small-town vibe with all of the modern conveniences. Beautiful, beautiful city, with the Willamette River running right through the middle. Lots of pedestrian bridges, hiking trails, biking trails, etc. I was there during "El Nino" so we got a TON of rain... but for the most part, it gets less rain than the northern parts of the state like Portland and Beaverton.
Mandy- 6.5cc (10cc band) 
87 Pounds To Go!  304/257/170
Tiff tells all
on 1/18/11 10:49 pm - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
I  Portland.

The SE Portland is a tad larger than your given specs, but it's a fantastic town.  Portland basically has multiple mini cities that make up the whole. So my neighborhood is wonderfully bohemian and chillaxed. Apartments are plentiful here!

The NE is very up and coming with hip boutique style restaurants and what not. Lots of little houses and a few condos.

The NW is posh and very trendy. Almost all newer condos and older victorian style houses.

The SW is just sort of neighborhods. It's nice if you want a picket fence instead of a rockstar condo or a funky duplex.

But... the median price of a home in P-Town is not great.

In West Portland (Includes Southwest and Northwest Portland and parts of eastern Washington County), the average price was $410,200 (it was $420,500 in 2009).  The median price was $340,000. 

The three other areas in the city (North, Northeast, and Southeast) all showed decreases in both average price and median price in 2010. Here are the numbers:

• North Portland Average price of $230,300 and median price of $224,900.

• Northeast Portland Average price of $283,500 and median price of $247,000.

• Southeast Portland Average price of $237,500 and median price of $205,400.

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

Stephanie M.
on 1/18/11 11:40 pm
Southern Oregon is very nice, Grants Pass, Medford.  Bend area is also nice, but more desert like in the summer and very cold winters.  If you like to ski and golf it is wonderful. 

The coast and the northern areas of Oregon have wet winters (and sometimes summers) so depends on your ability to adapt.  We have lived in the Seattle area for 30 yrs and it is beautiful too, but this time of the year is just too dark and gray for me.

Oregon has no sales tax, but property taxes are high and they do have an income tax.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

smilin_eyes_58
on 1/19/11 12:15 am - IL
Last week colorado now oregon.  Give us  details of what you are looking for and maybe we can give you some more ideas of places to check out.  Is it the nice weather you are looking for? Certain recreations? I'm partial to Central Illinois not much here but cornfields but good wholesome place to raise kids and I know you are trying in that direction.  But it's not everyone's cup of tea.  Good Luck on you search for a dream spot.
Cheryl
5' 5 1/2"
HW 319/DOS 288.8/NOW 213.6/ 105.4 lostSurgery 1/21/09

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/11 2:20 am - MN
Well we're looking at Cottage Grove Oregon...if that helps.
Most Active