Hubby Told The World!!!

jaxmom
on 1/19/11 10:19 am
i would be mad, but you said he meant no harm... so, i am sure he  just had a stupid moment (or several of them, lol) .  if it makes you feel better, i just had my bi-annual fight with my husband and when i stormed away to go down to the basement he said "oh, are we going downstairs to obsess over food and how many carbs they have?"  I LOST IT! my husband is a great guy and i know how he meant it- he gets annoyed when i spend our alone time on the computer on this site, then on fitday, then on fatsecret, etc... BUT it struck such a nerve with me because he will never understand the struggles with weight and food issues. so, i am with you. mad and ignoring him..... til i think he's had enough of the silent treatment (lol, when i am done obsessing over how many calories i burned today, hahhaa). i mean, we are going to forgive them eventually, so why not sooner rather than later. sorry.... i so am not a big fan of being upset. hope he does something amazing for you to help you get past it.
Lap-Banded March 16, 2010
263.4/187/148(Start/current/Goal)

'once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right'

Hislady
on 1/19/11 12:57 pm - Vancouver, WA
He can't help it, he's just a man!
reneekennedy11
on 1/19/11 2:25 pm - CA
My husband did the same thing!
beachcitygirl
on 1/19/11 2:37 pm - Torrance, CA
Mine too! He told everyone at church so they would pray for me. I was mad, hurt and furious. It has been 7 months. Ihave forgiven him but I still wish he would not have done it. This should have been my choice to tell or not. He took that away from me.
PaintingChef
on 1/19/11 10:28 pm - TN
I've made it very clear to my husband from the beginning that this was MY news to choose when and where and to whom I wanted to tell it.  So if he had done this, I would have FLIPPED my sh*t.  Seriously.

And it sounds like the two of you had already agreed to keep it quiet.  I'm sorry, I know you must be incredibly frustrated.  That's what I explained to Patrick.  If every one KNOWS... everyone will be WATCHING you and checking your progress and judging it in their mind.  Or, in the case of my in-laws (who are EXPRESSLY forbidden from knowing about this... EVER because all they know how to do is judge people constantly) they would do it every time you saw them and TO YOUR FACE and they would tell all their friends about it because it was finally a new story that not everyone inthe world has already heard them tell a million times.

Phew... sorry...

But I do understand.  And I'm so so sorry that he did that.  It just flat out sucks.
My blog:  PaintingChef

hopeinarizona
on 1/20/11 12:55 am
Nothing that a good ass-kicking won't solve 

Tiff tells all
on 1/20/11 2:39 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
I imagine you are still fuming, but I also can see where he is coming from.
I can only assume he did this all out of love. He's so proud of the efforts you are making and wants to support you in the only way he knows how. I think it's actually pretty sweet.

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/11 5:31 am
Sweet, or excuse for being totally insensitive?  I don't know Tiff...usually we are in the same boat, but not this time. 

Mary, I am sorry you are feeling so hurt right now.  You have received some very good advice on how to deal with the aftermath.  ((HUGS))
mary101678
on 1/20/11 6:40 am - RI
VSG on 07/10/12
Ladies:
Thanks to you all for your support and advice. I really laughed out loud at the rolling pin and frying pan comments....

Believe me I was very tempted....

He is supportive, but he's just clueless when it comes to what to discuss and what NOT to discuss, but this one takes the cake.....

Yes, I absolutley don't want people checking on my progress.... especially IN LAWS..... good grief....

I forgave him, but grrrrr... I threatened to go shopping at the Stickley store if there is one more incident like this... or even go buy myself a great big diamond to make myself feel better....

Those kinds of threats he understands....

Thanks again, and I really enjoyed reading all your posts!!!

Best to everyone!!!

hlmd
on 1/20/11 10:14 pm - Lexington, NC

Easy:  I would simply explain to everyone about my husband's severe MENTAL problems, that he was mistaken, and ask that they pray for HIM.

Deny, deny, DENY.

(I didn't tell anyone at work either, except 2 best friends!)

Most Active