Hubby Told The World!!!

mary101678
on 1/19/11 9:55 am - RI
VSG on 07/10/12
I wanted to keep my surgery quiet simply because I knew it would be a slow process...

Instead, my DH told everyone who would listen to him. And the way I found out was suddenly get well cards started arriving at the house...

When I demanded to know WHY he had done this, he said he wanted people to say a prayer for me....

Well, I almost had HIM saying HIS prayers... because I did not want the entire world to know my private business.

People at work I know only casually were showing up in my office asking me how I was doing, how was the diet, how much did I lose so far.....

Grrrrrrr......

I guess he meant well, but I did specifically ask him to keep it quiet, but he just could not contain himself.....

I'm still fuming....

airhead_74
on 1/19/11 9:58 am
DS on 08/20/12
I know where you're coming from. I chose to reveal my plans for surgery to only a select, trusted few. I don;t blame you for being upset with him. But it sounds as though his intentions were good.

Lap Band with Greater Curvature Plication 1/10/11, Conversion to DS 8/20/12 

mary101678
on 1/20/11 8:56 am - RI
VSG on 07/10/12
Ladies:

Again, I got such a laugh out of your responses!

It really lifted my spirits!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/11 10:00 am - Des Moines, IA
I'm sure he meant well, but I can also see your side.  I didn't tell very many people until after the surgery. 
I just told them it was a slow process and that they wouldn't see me losing fast like a bypass etc.  Everyone has been supportive.
Kate -True Brit
on 1/19/11 10:05 am - UK

Exercise is key to losing, they say. Start now by beating him up! I'm not generally into violence but if my DH had done that, death (his) would have been an option.

But,as you say, he meant well!!! So maybe just a little beating?

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

jaxmom
on 1/19/11 10:09 am
omg, i sooooooooooo smile from your posts
Lap-Banded March 16, 2010
263.4/187/148(Start/current/Goal)

'once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right'

adorkbl
on 1/19/11 10:10 am
On January 19, 2011 at 6:05 PM Pacific Time, kate P wrote:

Exercise is key to losing, they say. Start now by beating him up! I'm not generally into violence but if my DH had done that, death (his) would have been an option.

But,as you say, he meant well!!! So maybe just a little beating?

Kate

OMG Kate. This made me LOL. Hehehe... 

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

adorkbl
on 1/19/11 10:07 am
Oh no. I am so sorry. I would be so upset. ((hugs))

Unfortunately you can't un-ring a rung bell... so now you will just have to decide how you will respond to people. 

I didn't plan on telling anyone initially either... but I ended up sharing. Some days I really wish I hadn't... when everyone asks me how I am doing, I feel like everyone is watching what I eat, yadda yadda. But it makes it a lot easier to explain things (ie port surgery a few days ago).

When people ask me now, and it isn't something I want to discuss, I give very vanilla answers. "I am doing good, thanks" "Slow and steady, thank you" People usually get the hint and leave it be. If they don't well they get more of the same. 

Just remember you did this for YOUR health. You owe NO ONE an explanation. 

Again I am so sorry your husband shared your private business. That was not his place. I hope you can find peace with it. It sounds like he was handling it in the way he found comfort, getting prayer for you. Unfortunately he should have discussed it with your first.

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

JoMixx
on 1/19/11 10:11 am - West Yarmouth, MA

Do you own a rolling pin or a cast iron skillet? LOL 

Surgery 1/6/11 , 14ml band - 0ml fill      
TigerDi
on 1/19/11 10:12 am - Cloquet, MN
I like so totally understand cause I too want to keep my band quit.  I don't want to be watched.  People know I am watching what I eat cause I am cutting back and trying to lose weight.  I work at a fitness center and everyone is very anti WLS.  Just a handful of people know and I get support from the ones that I feel are "with" me and I find tons of help and support on this web sight. People who have or are going thru what I am.  Experience we all truly understand.

DiAnna
TigerDi                
Most Active