Can you feel your band under your skin?

norah
on 1/18/11 9:32 am - WI
Hello..was wondering if anyone can feel your band under your skin? i always could feel a knot where the port is but never the band around the stomach until yesterday. I have a bump at the end of my sternum. Not sure what it is? Wondering if its the band or not? I am very active at work and it feels like the sternum is rubbing my band. Not in any pain..just feels weird, Have an appt. next week to see doc. Didnt know if I should ask to see him sooner.
Thanks,
Norah
(deactivated member)
on 1/18/11 10:01 am - Des Moines, IA
You can't feel your actual band, it's deeper, but you can feel your port and tubing.  I am pear shaped and so early on, I was able to feel my tubing from my port going up.  I asked the surgeon and I was correct in what I was thinking.  I can easily feel all around my port. 
Kate -True Brit
on 1/18/11 3:31 pm - UK

No. The band itself is too deep. i can feel it as it leaves the port now that i have very little excess fat but only for about 1/2 inch!

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Jill P.
on 1/18/11 10:54 pm - United Kingdom
I can definately feel my port, its like a small upside down saucer. Its a little sensitive to the touch but not really painful. I think that is what you can feel!

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/18/11 11:23 pm - Mexico
No, you can't feel your band, it's higher up and too deep for you to feel.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Most Active