anyone over 6ccs in a 10cc band?

Cigi
on 1/17/11 10:35 pm
I'm wondering about requesting more of a fill.  I really do not think I have enough restriction.  Can anyone address?  I believe I am just slightly below 6ccs.
jana_m_dowler
on 1/17/11 10:54 pm, edited 1/17/11 10:55 pm - Rockport, WV
I know a lot of people are different but before I got pregnant I had 10 cc in a 11 cc band. Now I am down to 8 cc.  For me 10 cc was perfect restriction. If you are getting hungry between meals and can consume more then a cup of food then probably not enough restriction. Now that is just what my doctor tells me. Everyone has different opinions on how much food they should consume. I know when I was at 6 cc it wasn't enough restriction.

Also just wanted to ask when did you start getting fills? You probably don't want to go to quickly on adjustments. If you go from having barely any restriction to a lot of restriction you may have issues changing your way of eating. It takes some practice on learning how to eat differently. Mainly because you have to eat a lot slower , take much smaller bites. Food can get stuck a lot easier. It's definitely a learning curve ball.

Good Luck

Jana
Cigi
on 1/18/11 2:11 am
I started getting fills in June, 2010.  I have some restriction but not enough to help me control my eating.  I am often reminded it is a tool.  I was very aware of this before the surgery.  Even so, I only feel restriction with some foods.  Unfortunately, these are the foods I need to eat, i.e., protein, the veggies that are good for you.
smilin_eyes_58
on 1/17/11 11:09 pm - IL
I'm at 7.25 I can eat quite a bit but for now I'm able to control it and I hopefullyl seem to be going down again so not going in.  If you are losing 1-2 pds a week  where you are and aren't struggling don't go for the fill.  If you aren't losing  or are having a lot of trouble staying at your Dr's recommended calorie level go for it.  They are made to go up to and above 10 cc if necessary it all depends on the fat pad around your stomach.
Cheryl
5' 5 1/2"
HW 319/DOS 288.8/NOW 213.6/ 105.4 lostSurgery 1/21/09

Cigi
on 1/18/11 2:15 am
I only have lost 1 pound per MONTH.  Are you saying one can possibly go up to 10 cc in a 10 cc band???
smilin_eyes_58
on 1/18/11 2:53 am - IL
You can go over the capacity of your band not all dr's will agree to it.  But I have heard of others going above the 10CC just be careful and go at it slowly.  Being to tight is miserable and leave room for things that tighten you up for me it is stress.  Sometimes I don't even realize I'm stressed until I look back and realize I was and that was why I was having a difficult time.
Cheryl
5' 5 1/2"
HW 319/DOS 288.8/NOW 213.6/ 105.4 lostSurgery 1/21/09

MaJack
on 1/18/11 1:26 am - Earlsboro, OK
 I currently have 7.8 ccs in mine. I had 8 but I was getting stuck frequently so we backed off a little and it seems to have helped.

Megan (228 HW/185 current/125 goal)

Cigi
on 1/18/11 2:17 am
Can you tell me about how it feels to be at 7.8 (out of 10, right)?  Are you feeling full easier?  Is it preventing you from eating certain things?
Teresa W.
on 1/18/11 4:05 am
I'm at 7 in a 10cc.  I have some restriction but not enough.  I haven't lost anny weight in 6 months and lessthan 10 lbs in a year.  I am about 25 lbs from goal.  I am going back next week for a fill.  I thought I could do this myself without a fill but I just keep snacking and snacking.  Need to regroup and get back to basics as well as work out.
Live2day

BW 232   CW 169 GW 150

Tantrica
on 1/18/11 9:37 am - An Army Base, XX
 I am almost 3 years post-op and have a comfortable 7.75CC's in my band.  I was as high as 8.25CC's but after a port replacement was to tight.  I have been comfortable at this fill level for about 8 months now and maintaining my weight within a 10 pound range for almost 18 months.  I'm currently 134 pounds and a size 2!  If you think you need a fill don't be shy about asking for it, just remember if it's to tight go have it fixed ASAP!!

Kari

Most Active