old-timers - do you remember when... (a tale with a moral)

Kate -True Brit
on 1/16/11 8:15 pm, edited 1/16/11 8:21 pm - UK

....we had the Great Protein Shakes Wars???

I don't know why but they suddenly came into my mind. Present day surgery wars pale into insignificance beside them.  People got warned by OH and even thrown off the boards in those fights! Accusations were hurled; name calling got out of hand; statistics were quoted! Tempers flared; sides were taken! People left the board in disgust!

Lasted for months!!

And the moral is:-  silly people, with too much time on their hands can argue about anything!!!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Phyllis C.
on 1/16/11 8:35 pm
Yes, I remember them.  I was just wondering what ever happened to Wilbur? Willard? this morning.

For the record, I was/am not a fan of protein drinks.

Phyllis
"Me agreeing with you doesn't preclude you from being a deviant."

Jean M.
on 1/16/11 10:53 pm
Revision on 08/16/12
silly people, with too much time on their hands can argue about anything!!!

Ain't that the truth!

I guess that's why OH established the Rants and Raves Forum.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/11 10:58 pm - Miramar Beach, FL
 Oh my gosh, I am literally sitting here laughing out loud.  I was just thinking about that!  And now it seems so weird that people were so passionate about whether or not people used protein drinks.  I think some of what goes on with "surgery wars" is rooted in the same thing.  People sometimes take a stand, draw a line in the sand, and then just can't step back and realize there's another side to the story.  

And Phyllis...it was Wendell...{{{shudder}}}.  

Tami
Phyllis C.
on 1/17/11 12:14 am
I knew it was some kind of a W....

Phyllis
"Me agreeing with you doesn't preclude you from being a deviant."

Kate -True Brit
on 1/17/11 12:20 am - UK

Yes! Wendell! He had his fans but I wasn't one of them! It seems impossible to believe how vitriolic those threads got!

For those not in the know,  all they were about was that Wendell believed it was necessary to have 120gm protein a day and so protein shakes were essential. And he got right up the nose of a very strong minded lady who believed that after the initial phases, we should never have protein shakes.

And that was all it was. But people took sides and the board turned red! For ages!!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

(deactivated member)
on 1/17/11 12:25 am - Miramar Beach, FL
 Aww, Kate, I was ready to go have something to eat, and now all I can think about is having a 64 oz. protein coffee to sip on all day!

Tami
Hislady
on 1/17/11 4:05 am - Vancouver, WA
Ahhhh those were the days, so much entertainment!
Most Active