Newbie at Kaiser Redwood City

sweetsuzanne
on 1/17/11 12:49 pm
hey all,

i've been interested in WLS for a couple years now, and I am going to act on my interest.  I am at kaiser redwood city, and was wondering if anyone else is there as well?  I am going to chose my pcp and ask for a referral, i hope she doesn't deny it.  Will kaiser automatically cover a lap band?  and about how long does the process take from referral to surgery date?

Thanks for your help!
Jean M.
on 1/18/11 8:58 am
Revision on 08/16/12
WLS coverage depends on your particular policy. 50 people with Kaiser insurance could have 50 different policies, some allowing WLS and some not. You need to call Kaiser's customer service line to get the scoop directly from them.

As for how long it takes to get surgery approval, who the heck knows? I've heard of people getting approved the same day - my insurance co. took 2 weeks to deny me and 2 weeks to approve my appeal.

You haven't gotten any replies to your question about others who use Kaiser Redwood City...I think if you post your question on your state board, you might get more answers.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Most Active