Very First fill tomorrow and I'M SCARED!!

Lindsay2583
on 1/17/11 11:10 am
Okay - So I know it may be a silly thing, but I am truly scared about getting a fill tomorrow! Before I got the band, I didn't really think it a big deal.  Now that I have the band and I have to have it filled, I'm nervous!  So silly, I know.

Can someone please tell me how it really goes?
ppbchgirl
on 1/17/11 11:23 am
Don't worry! It is over in about 5 minutes. The worst part for me was drinking that liquid stuff to see how well it was going down. Your doctor will show you your lap band on the x-ray screen as he is filling the port. It isn't painful- just like a needle. You will only be able to have liquids for the rest of the day, but that's a good thing. You will be calming your stomach down from your 1st fill. It really isn't bad AT ALL!
NCB1997
on 1/17/11 11:28 am
Hi,
I was banded the day before you and had my 1st fill 2 weeks after surgery. I was really scared being so close after surgery. I had to lay on my back with my arms over my head laying flat. He just felt for the port and then the tiny pinch. He took out what he put in during surgery to measure it and put it back in with 2cc more. It went so fast. I was really expecting it to be worse but it wasn't. Then I had to sip some water to make sure it went down okay. And then the rest of the day and next day I was on liquids. I go for my 2nd fill Feb 4th and I will probably be all worked up again, but that is just me.
You will do great!
Nancy B.    
donnamy3sons
on 1/17/11 11:29 am - Pinetops, NC
Revision on 08/13/13
normal to be nervous! It was a breeze for me...my doctor uses a local anesthetic 1st (not sure if your does?) and I realy dont feel a thing...even the local doesnt hurt I have heard other people on here say they dont get local and it doesnt hurt. I think my very 1st fill took a little longer than my subsequent ones (belly fat) but it still was only a few minutes....good luck tomorrow and you will do fine!

Judy825
on 1/17/11 12:21 pm - Jacksonville, FL
I think most are a bit scared when it comes to the first fill.  I know I was!  But, it went just fine, hardly felt a thing with that needle!  Hugs Lindsay, it is not silly to have feelings about this!

Tomorrow is my 2nd fill.  I kind of glad too as I noticed that I want to eat a bit more then what I had been for the last week or so.  So it must be time!  
        Seminar weight: 344. Consult Weight: 332.  Surgery Weight: 289   
Check out my blog at www.ldslapband.blogspot.com

"Low Carb diet for me...not a diet anymore but a lifestyle"

Candice P.
on 1/17/11 12:55 pm - TX
It is completely normal to be nervous.  I just had my 2nd fill last week, and it literally took less than a minute.  I did liquids for 3 days (my surgeon seems a little more strict than most, but it's OK) and I progressed from there.  You have to do an abbreviated progression back to solids, and pay close attention to your band.  You will do great!
Lori O.
on 1/17/11 1:09 pm - Canada
Had my 3rd fill last week - no local and did not feel a thing the last 3 I felt a slight pinch but a lot less painfull than donating blood.  You will do great!

MARIA F.
on 1/17/11 6:45 pm - Athens, GA
Nothing to be scared of. It's no worse than any other shot you have gotten.

FormerlyFluffy.com

clbohlander
on 1/17/11 8:23 pm - Sioux Falls, SD
Talk about fill buddies I got up this morning to post the exact same thing. My first fill is at 3:45 today CST.  I am beyond scared slept maybe 20 minutes last night.  Positive note though got a lot of laundry done.  Quick question for those who have been there.  What are we suppose to eat today?  What are we suppose to eat today wondering if Lindsay and I are suppose to fast or eat light eat anything? 

Lindsay what time is your fill I will be thinking about you during it?

Tiff tells all
on 1/17/11 11:05 pm - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19

there are a few different styles. I found these for you so you will see how it goes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ8ZqWcQt8g&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0uZwsjBKzs&feature=related- this is the closest to how my fills are done now. Including having to lift my legs instead of doing the crunch stomach flex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I32y3aHQbXM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axGyTXJZ1FM&feature=related  this is the C arm they use for fluro. I have also had a fill like this. it was so cool!!!!  Only i did the full barium swallow and you could see the fluid flow through the band.

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

Most Active