how do I tighten up all of this flabby skin?

svera
on 1/17/11 4:27 am - Long Beach, CA
 I took my measurements today and Im getting very close to my goal (goal revision maybe?) but all of this flabby skin ( bat wings, saggy butt, hanging pooch, thigh chub) has GOT to go!!! Any ideas? What has worked best for you? I would like to take some really hot pin up pictures in April for hubbies birthday but this junk is not hot! help me please!
   Sara Vera                  
Kate -True Brit
on 1/17/11 4:38 am - UK

Sorry! You can tone the muscle under the skin but if the skin is badly stretched, it is going to stay that way! It may tighten a little over time but unless you are very lucky, what you have is what you will keep!

But in your picture you look fairly youthful! So it may get better - it is all down to age, how long you were obese,  your genes!

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Tiff tells all
on 1/17/11 6:02 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
Kate is pretty much right on the money!

fortunately, with some muscle toning you can tighten that skin up a little. It won't be a miracle but it will really help!!!

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

(deactivated member)
on 1/17/11 6:31 am - Minneapolis, MN
VSG on 10/23/12
I can relate, I've definitely got some flabbiness that isn't gonna go away. (And I'm only 26, damnit!)

Everyone else gave really good suggestions, although I just wanted to throw in there that I'm getting married in October and thought about taking professional boudoir pictures for my fiance as well. I actually went as far as contacting a particular photographer who does this sort of work and told her about my "issues" - she let me look through her lookbook of pictures and what do you know? The sorts of women in the pictures were all sizes, and quite a few were on the larger side, which I didn't expect! The pictures were all gorgeous! She said there were lots of options in terms of clothing, poses, props, etc. that can really make a person look like a million bucks and hide if you will whatever needs to be hidden. She also told me that she's never met a woman who didn't want to hide at least one part of their body, so apparently even the perfect skinned skinny girls have issues too.

Good luck!
svera
on 1/17/11 6:37 am - Long Beach, CA
 very true about women wanting to hide some parts but for all of the parts I want to hide it will be a very conservative boudoir! I know I can atlas tone up a bit and I am looking into surgery but I would like to be the best me I can on my own first
   Sara Vera                  
kathkeb
on 1/17/11 7:34 am
Plastic surgery --- is really the only way to get rid of the excess.
As others have said, you can tone the muscle under the skin, but if your skin is stretched or over-grown, removing it is the only option.

I suggest you get a few opinions (I had 3 consults before my brachioplasty/breast lift) -- and maybe ask your bariatric surgeon for referrals.

I am thrilled with my surgery --- and plan to have more once I have maintained my weight loss for about a year.
Kath

svera
on 1/18/11 12:45 am - Long Beach, CA
 i was really hoping for some miracle skin away cream but I guess Im sol! I really need to tone whatever it is that I have under the flab before I get surgery so any ideas for that?
   Sara Vera                  
Most Active