C'mon, all you Pollyannas - tell us your latest NSV

Karen R.
on 1/17/11 8:44 am - Peoria, AZ
The other day we had company and I sat down too close to the edge on thhe lounger part of my couch and prom;tly feel off. I was able to jump right up and not even think about it. 2 yrs age I couldn't get off the floor by myself.
Karen R.
on 1/17/11 8:46 am - Peoria, AZ
Sorry for misspelled words. I hit the wrong keys.
grannymedic1
on 1/17/11 9:26 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
I have had a few NSV's lately. Going into Kohls with the gift certificate my son gave me for Christmas and picking up size 10 pants that just slid on, no muffin top with one pair not making the cut because they were humongous!

I bought a large mirror for our living room because it is so dark in there that I wanted to reflect light. Every time I get up I see myself and not once have I cringed or felt I looked fat, still, or been ashamed.

My favorite? Just after Christmas my husband was saying something to me and said "with you being so tiny now..........." Who, me? Tiny? I was very slender for a until my early 30's but I have never, never been accused of being tiny. I am normal. That is all. I didn't really catch what he said at first and walked through the house then turned around and went back and asked "\did you just say that I am tiny"? He said "yeah you are". HOLY COW! The man may be insane but I love, love, love him!

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

-Mari-
on 1/17/11 10:41 am, edited 1/17/11 10:43 am
OK, its a NSV that is a little over a month old, but I went skydiving. (I know Jean, you think I'm crazy) LOL But I feel it's a BIG HUGE NSV. I would do it again, if it wasn't so expensive.
Edited to add: I forgot, one of my adult daughters H.S. friend stopped by and noticed my WL, after a while everyone gets used to the new size and you don't hear it as often, so it was to hear it again.
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
Jean M.
on 1/17/11 11:57 pm
Revision on 08/16/12
You're absolutely right. You're crazy. You should get together with Lisa O and go zip-lining sometime.

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

CarlaMarie
on 1/18/11 3:15 am - IA
Mine happened this morning leaving the gym. As I was walking towards the door (the whole wall is one great big mirror) I glanced at a nice young man lifting weights. After I walked past I saw he stopped lifting and was looking at me with obvious appreciation! Gotta love those mirrors to see what's going on behind you!! That NSV will keep me smiling for a very long time
Carla. 11/08/10.the 1st day of the rest of my life
Jean M.
on 1/18/11 8:13 am
Revision on 08/16/12
LOL! I caught a nice-looking guy (about 10 yrs younger than me) checking me out with a smile on his face one day and my first thought was, "What? Do I have toilet paper stuck to my shoe?"

Then I realized the smile was appreciation, not ridicule!

author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/11 8:25 am - Miramar Beach, FL
 I had a nice NSV last night.  I was at a party, and a friend came up and said, "Tami, I saw you on an infomercial last night, WOW!" (I had no idea it was still running), so I was the talk of the party for the next 15" or so about being in a Spinning infomercial after having lost 120 lbs.  The real NSV for me was still being able to be proud of my 30 seconds of fame, instead of being embarrassed because of gaining a ton of weight after wards! 

Oh, and Jean, I also zip-lined in Puerto Rico in November with my daughter.  My hubby couldn't make it, because he was over the weight limit.  He had lost his excess weight along with me in '06 (the old fashioned way), but has since regained every pound lost :-(   

Tami

Jean M.
on 1/18/11 8:58 pm
Revision on 08/16/12
I'd have to wear a Depends if I went zip-lining or sky diving!

gaylancsu
on 1/18/11 11:35 pm - Clayton, NC
Last night I was folding laundry and had to stop and figure out if this polo shirt was mine or my husband's (Red, NC State logo- could go either way).  DH is a slender size medium shirt, this was a ladies large- but it looked a lot like his medium.  Never mistook his clothes for mine before!

Lap-Band Surgery 10/8/2009  (all weight loss Post-Op)     

Most Active