C'mon, all you Pollyannas - tell us your latest NSV

Jean M.
on 1/16/11 11:14 pm
Revision on 08/16/12
Here's my latest NSV. When I was trying to get dressed to go to Wal-Mart on Saturday morning (which if you judge by other shoppers, requires just flannel pajamas, fuzzy slippers, and a hoodie****pt putting on jeans whose waistbands were too loose. I thought maybe I had grabbed a size 12 instead of a 10...but no, the 10's are getting to be too big!

What's your NSV?

jEAN

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/11 11:46 pm, edited 1/16/11 11:50 pm - Savannah, TN
I no long have to take cholestrol medicine! Woohoo, now to get ride of a couple more meds...

I also bought a medical alert bracelet a couple years ago, but have not worn it because it was too tight on my wrist. Happy to say I am able to wear it now. Knock on wood it never needs to be read!

I'm havin a happy day, hope everyone else is too

ps for Jean. I forgot to tell you, back in November sometime your banner started showing up on my laptop. Kinda like magic, cause I haven't rebooted my computer in months.

HD Mama
on 1/16/11 11:55 pm
That's awesome Jean! I've recently had to take off my wedding and engagement ring because they literally fly off my finger (and I never had them made bigger when I gained weight over the years, which means I'm SMALLER now than when I got engaged/married!)

Here's another one---my 7 year old daughter and I have matching Pj's (okay, so explanation...these are Jr's pj's and she has the XS and I have the XL....but just the fact that I can wear Jr's is a win in my book, LOL! ) And my daughter will be wearing them for awhile because they are a bit big on her, but she gets such a kick out of it, it's worth the goofiness factor
Jean M.
on 1/17/11 6:32 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Your ring flying off your finger made me laugh because that happened to me many years ago...my ex-husband and I were having an anniversary dinner in a Chinese restaurant and arguing (happy anniversary) and when I gestured with my hands to emphasize a point, my wedding ring went flying off my finger and rolled under a distant table. Now, there was an omen for you!

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

coachgrrl
on 1/17/11 12:18 am
 I am getting ball rolling on my 30 yr HS reunion

Huge NSV for me as I can honestly say I would have been ashamed to see my old classmates a year ago.  Now I can't wait to see them...and so far everyone is excited and wants to help plan it (I went to a small all girls school..only about 50 in our graduating class)

And a huge motivator to "just keep swimming!"

and on the Scale victory side...the scale is FINALLY moving again!! I have broken a almost 2 month plateau!!!

YIPPEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bgrandmabear
on 1/17/11 1:29 am
went down a pants size and off one of my diabetic meds do not snore sleep much better and feel so much better down 40 pounds since surgery date 20 Oct 2010
PaintingChef
on 1/17/11 1:38 am - TN
Quick question...
NSV?  I mean, I get the concept of it from reading these posts but what does it actually stand for?

Thanks!!
My blog:  PaintingChef

(deactivated member)
on 1/17/11 3:06 am - Minneapolis, MN
VSG on 10/23/12
It took a long time for me to get these darn acronyms!

NSV = non scale victory!
tmal66
on 1/17/11 2:16 am - Aurora, CO
My latest NSV, I am learning to scuba dive.  Would never of entertained the idea before surgery,
(deactivated member)
on 1/17/11 2:25 am
Last week I emptied my closet of all the too big for me anymore clothes!
Most Active