On pred AGAIN! Plus, I weigh in tomorrow?!

kalamtykel
on 1/17/11 9:39 am
Uggghhh!!!!!!  Bear with me while i vent a bit.

So long story short, i have an insane hateful relationship with my sinuses.  Ive had 2 surgeries and many other in office proceedures to remove polyps.  A few years ago i was on Prednisone on and off (mostly on) for most of the year because of the chronic problems ive had with these little *******s.  I gained an enormous amount of weight.  Then came my lapband surgery after which i lost the weight i gained from the steroids.  A few weeks ago i had yet again another sinus infection and was put on a 3 week steroid extravaganza.  I had put on a few more pounds (in addition to my holiday weight i was working to lose again).  Well, today i had to go back to my ENT (ear, nose, & throat doctor) and i have ANOTHER sinus infection, which eans more antibiotics and yes, you've guessed it... more steroids!  Ugghhh!!!!! Here we go again.  Then to top it all of  i have an appointment tomorrow with my bariatric team (the surgeon, the nurse, nut, excercise physiologist) wher ei'll be weighing in and everyone will see that ive gained.  I'm so stressed that they will be disappointed in me.  Jeez, I'M disappointed in me!  I'm disgusted with myself because it feels like i havent lost weight in months!!! Ugghhh!!!!  

I just needed to vent a bit.  I HATE STEROIDS!!!!!!

Thanks for reading,
Kel 

grannymedic1
on 1/17/11 10:03 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
You have nothing to be ashamed of. This is something you do not have full control over. The only reason I qualify it with "full" control is that I just completed a course of pred and I know that at times I used it as an excuse to eat. Most of the time, though I was eating all good foods, but the pred made me eat much more of it as well as hold water weight. Let them know what you are up against then just try to do damage control as best you can. That is the best you can do in a tough situation. I am only grateful that I don't have to take the massive doses that Guernica does.

Just remember that this is not permanent weight. Don't use it as an excuse, like I did, but don't let it get to you, either.

Good luck, Sue

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

journey2010
on 1/17/11 8:52 pm - PA
sorry to read that you are going thru this yet again. I know how you feel facing the "firing squad". I gained shortly after I was banded EVEN after my first fill and boy, did I get yelled at! The huge difference is that I had no reason, I wasn't on meds. I was just being a rebel and not playing by the rules, so I deserved it. You, have an honest reason/excuse for your gain and they should be there to help you to succeed. Stay strong,Kel and I hope that you feel better soon!

Tiff tells all
on 1/17/11 11:24 pm - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
You should not be disappointed in yourself. It takes a very strong and dedicated person to do this. This person is you! Even against the odds, the forces of pred and the evil eye of the team you are turning to them for help. That takes balls Kel! Big ones!!!

Go in there with your head held high and ask for the help you need to get this temporary gain under control. You can do it. I know you are a strong proud chica!

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

Ann Marie C.
on 1/18/11 9:30 am
Hugs to you, I had terrible sinus trouble until the did something called a calwell luc and rerouted my sinus so I have major hiways now!
You have done so well -dont let this get ya down-this will pass and you will still have your band-and your team- S hang in there and have an eating plan to keep to while on the 'roids-Best-Annie

Annie
Evaluation 5/10/08
Surgery 11/04/08Lap Band Concord Hospital
257/177/150

Most Active