HCG- recalled

Tiff tells all
on 1/17/11 4:41 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
So one of my friends is a manager or GNC and just told me that all their HCG was recalled.

Really... it was just a matter of time.

Thought you should know in case you are using it or know someone who uses it.

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

Shaesnana
on 1/17/11 5:07 am - Davenport, FL
What is HCG Tiff?

Tiff tells all
on 1/17/11 5:11 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
some crazy hormone amino acid combo drops that you would ingest- stay under 500 calories a day and magically drop all this weight.

Of course every person I know that did this diet rebounded like never before.
And I've heard horror stories of a few doing this long term who lost hair and had liver damage.

Anyway It's finally being recalled. YEAH!

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

j.johnson26
on 1/17/11 11:01 am - FL
 its the same hormone that shows up wen you take a pregnancy test
Bette B.
on 1/17/11 7:06 am
 More bull**** brought to us by the diet industry. As if you couldn't lose weight on a 500 cal/day diet without shooting yourself up with ****  

Weight loss

A controversial usage of hCG is as an adjunct to the British endocrinologist A.T.W. Simeons' ultra-low-calorie weight-loss diet[13] (less than 500 calories).[14] Simeons, while studying pregnant women in India on a calorie-deficient diet, and “fat boys" with pituitary problems (Frölich's syndrome) treated with low-dose hCG, claimed that both lost fat rather than lean (muscle) tissue. He reasoned that hCG must be programming the hypothalamus to do this in the former cases in order to protect the developing fetus by promoting mobilization and consumption of abnormalexcessive adipose deposits. Simeons, practicing at Salvator Mundi International Hospital in Rome, Italy, recommended low-dose daily hCG injections (125 IU) in combination with a customized ultra-low-calorie (500 cal/day, high-protein, low-carbohydrate/fat) diet loss of adipose tissue without loss of lean tissue. After Simeons’ death, the diet started to spread to specialized centers and via popularization by individuals, such as the controversial author Kevin Trudeau, famous for promotion of alternative therapies and treatments.

The controversy proceeds from warnings by the Journal of the American Medical Association[15] and the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition[16] that hCG is neither safe,[15] nor effective as a weight-loss aid.[17]

A meta analysis found that studies supporting hCG for weight loss were of poor methodological quality and concluded that "there is no scientific evidence that HCG is effective in the treatment of obesity; it does not bring about weight-loss or fat-redistribution, nor does it reduce hunger or induce a feeling of well-being".[18]

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

(deactivated member)
on 1/17/11 8:19 am
Tiff -- your avi looks great!
WASaBubbleButt
on 1/17/11 11:05 am - Mexico
Bette is absolutely right, the stuff is crap!

Glad it's being recalled!

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Thundergrrrl
on 1/18/11 3:50 am
Hilarious! The doctor's office where I went for some laser hair removal sessions is BIG on the HCG injections. It's probably as expensive as surgery if you stick to it for a year or so.  Anyway, they asked me how I'd been losing weight, "Are you using HCG?" They were certain I had been. Um, no thanks. Injecting hormones is the last thing I want, got enough already, thanks.

Too bad only the GNC pill version is being recalled. I can't believe it's legal to use it at all.

Highest Wt: 274 / LAP-Band Low: 180 / Sleeved at 233 / Goal: 160!

Most Active