traveling tips?

EBL8181
on 1/17/11 2:35 am - Boston, MA
I am going out of town on business tomorrow until Friday night. I am not too worried about breakfast and lunch, but there is going to be a ****tail reception and dinner each night with lots of hors d’oeuvres, yummy food and drinks. I’m kind of nervous but I can do it! I can make good decisions and even if I have something “bad" I am confident that I can limit myself and not undo all of my hard work! I am going to pack a box of protein bars in case I don’t get enough during the day. It’s one of those things that I am looking forward to, but I am already also looking forward to it being over!
~ Liz ~ 30 y/o ~ 5'10

starting (10/4/10): 280
pre-op (10/18/10): 268.5
current (1/4/12): 257.0

kathkeb
on 1/17/11 3:13 am
Liz --

I have found that especially at this time of year, people are watching their calories.
It might  be very easy to find someone who wants to 'split' dinner with you.

When I travel on business (later this week also), I pack Luna Bars for breakfast, in case I can't get anything else.

I start the evening receptions/gatherings with a glass of water and then have a limit of 1 glass of wine.

I sit next to a friend who is always agreeable to split a dinner ---- and we pick something yummy --- since we are only eating 1/2, we enjoy it and skip desert.

(I also pack a few ziplocks with 1 ounce each of my Low-Fat Wheat Thins -- in case I get a late night hunger attack, or if they bring in lunch I can eat them with some tuna or meat/cheese).

Otherwise, I just focus on water, water, water --
Kath

Tiff tells all
on 1/17/11 3:23 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
if you are flying, my advice is not to eat anything for at least 30 minutes before you start boarding. Trust me...I've found this out the hard way.  TWICE 

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

Shaesnana
on 1/17/11 5:56 am - Davenport, FL
Sounds like your head is on straight about this.  You sound positive.  Like you said, if an d'oeuvre comes by that you just can't live without, have one, as long as you are sure you're not setting yourself up for many more.  Make it a protein one if you can.   Social occassions can be difficult.  I am newly banded so I know how tempting it can be.  I think you will do great and you'll come home feeling great about yourself too!

Lyn.

Most Active