TUMMY TUCK SURGERY AFTER LAP BAND SURGERY???

LORIGRIZZ
on 1/16/11 7:47 am - NH
Hi,

I had lap band surgery 4 yrs ago. I am having tummy tuck surgery on Thursday to get rid of the skin from my weight loss. Has anyone on here had a tummy tuck after lap band surgery. I was just wondering if the stress or swelling are going to make my band super tight. I bought yogurt, pudding, ice cream, mashed potatos and soup just in case but I was curious if anyone knew ahead of time.

Thanks, Lori
Kate -True Brit
on 1/16/11 7:49 am - UK

I wish!! I'm jealous!   I sometimes feel like taking a  large pair of scissors and just cutting it off!! If i were 20 years younger, I would go for it!

Best wishes!  Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

pitablond
on 1/16/11 7:55 am - Harrisburg, PA
Kate, you are too funny. I feel the same way about the scissors...or knife, or box cutter. Lol

~*Ashley*~ Highest weight: 330ish   Current weight: 198

coachgrrl
on 1/16/11 10:20 am
 I have no idea...but wanted to say Good Luck

and I'm jealous!!

:) 

dwpersel
on 1/17/11 1:40 am - Fredericksburg, VA
I had an extended tummy tuck done after I lost 120 pounds with the Lap-Band. No problems eating afterwards or with the band's placement. I'm 58 years old and had 10.8 pounds of excess skin removed. Hope this helps.

Diana

LORIGRIZZ
on 1/17/11 2:06 am - NH
So you didnt need an unfill before surgery?
dwpersel
on 1/18/11 12:38 am - Fredericksburg, VA
CORRECT! I went into surgery with 8.2 ccs of fluid in my 10cc Lap-Band and still have that amount of fluid in the band. NO fills or unfills needed whatsoever.
princesshan
on 1/18/11 12:37 pm - ID
Hi. I had a tummy tuck with the lab band and honestly I didn't notice my band change at all. My band is normally on the tighter side and I didn't have any problems. Good luck with your tummy tuck! It was the best thing I ever did!! :)
LORIGRIZZ
on 1/18/11 10:26 pm - NH
Thank you everyone for your replys. I am actually trying to get in today to get my band unfilled just in case. I'd rather be safe then sorry. My tmmy tuck surgery is tomorrow at 9:30am. 

Thanks again, Lori
Most Active