Any one flip their port?

jeanmomof4
on 1/15/11 5:55 am - IL
My port usually feels like a golf ball to me but this past 2 days something doesn't feel right (not smooth) and I feel some pinching there.

Jean

Debbie R.
on 1/15/11 6:32 am - Las Cruces, NM
My port flipped and I didn't even know it until the doctor tried giving me a fill. If your worried about it and especially if it hurts you should contact your doctor. I wouldn't it's an emergency but call him Tuesday.

Jean M.
on 1/15/11 6:46 am
Revision on 08/16/12

My port flipped, but like Debbie, I didn't know it until my surgeon and her NP were unable to access it for fills after several attempts.

I've had discomfort in my port area like you describe, usually after hard workouts or heavy lifting. Also, while my port seems to travel around, I think it's just scar tissue I'm feeling.

If your port area is red, swollen, or hot to touch, call your surgeon ASAP (those are signs of infection).

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/11 6:56 am
I never realized my port flipped until I wasn't able to be accessed for fills.
jeanmomof4
on 1/15/11 7:13 am - IL
Thanks all. My friend just came over who had her band for a year, she said her port does tilt sometimes. We'll see I have my appointment for my first fill this coming Thursday.
Come to think of it I did walk on the treadmill that day & I ran for about 3 minutes, who knows.

Thanks Jean
jeanmomof4
on 1/15/11 7:15 am - IL
OK, I forgot to ask. How did they fix the flipper?

Jean
Most Active