How long must I wait?

streammary
on 1/16/11 9:45 am - TX
REALIZE Band on 02/24/11 with
Last week I finished all of my pre-op, the last items that I had to do was the Nut/Exer. After that usually how long does it take to hear from your advocate or your physician? I'm just looking forward to doing this.

fairy_kissez
on 1/16/11 10:55 am - Albuquerque, NM
It all depends on how busy your surgeon is. I believe that I waited two weeks before I knew when my surgery was scheduled and then it was a month after that when I had my band placed. If I had to guess than you are looking at least a month before you actually have surgery. I know it sucks to wait but it is so worth it! Good luck.

~Jen

lapband in 2008 at 298lbs , lowest weight was 183lbs , Band almost killed me and removed in 2011. No revison because to much damage for revision.

Anti Lap-band advocate!

Pamela B.
on 1/16/11 11:18 am - AR
VSG on 08/14/15
I'm going to my EVALUATION Wed. thats all I have to get done BEFORE MY CONSULT...I Hope it's NOT Much longer...sounds like your ahead of me a little I hopeing for Feb-April though Hopeing...LOL

jaxmom
on 1/16/11 11:23 am
I got everything done and the surgeon's office kept having to harrass the cardiologist for his report (for a few days.... i wanted to kill him, lol). Once they got everything and sent to to the insurance company, I had a surgery date about a week later. My surgery was 3 weeks after that... trust me- the time flies!!! good luck to you!!!!!
Lap-Banded March 16, 2010
263.4/187/148(Start/current/Goal)

'once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right'

mary101678
on 1/17/11 12:40 am - RI
VSG on 07/10/12
Stay on top of the providers for your medical records. I had to wait a month for the endoscopy and then another month for the results.  They claimed they had transcription problems. That held up my progress for two whole months.

Once everything was in place, I was able to book my second surgeon's appointment, then they booked me too close to Thanksgiving ( I had 10 people coming  and couldn't see myself entertaining while recovering from band surgery).

The next best date I could get was December 7, 2010. So a process which started in May with the public seminar, ended 7 months later in December. Long story short, it's not a fast process no matter how you slice it!

Plus I had to write several of the doctors one or two letters to make sure my reports all were properly transferred......

I think they make it hard on purpose to make sure you are really committed.....

streammary
on 1/23/11 10:07 am - TX
REALIZE Band on 02/24/11 with
Thanks for all the responses, I thought I would give them about  2 weeks before I'll call my advocate and see if they have recieved everything, even if they had me have my EKG and bloodwork to the surgeon. So I think I will call on Tues. just to touch bases.
airhead_74
on 1/23/11 8:31 pm
DS on 08/20/12
It took less than two weeks for me. Then i got my surgery date which was only two weeks later. Hope you get your approval and date soon.

Lap Band with Greater Curvature Plication 1/10/11, Conversion to DS 8/20/12 

Most Active