Went shopping yesterday and...

mstrip59
on 1/16/11 3:55 am
I did not have to cruise the Plus size section!  I tried on regular size 18 (misses) and they fit!  I tried on XXL size tops instead of 3x or 24-26 and they fit!  I am going to Florida in April so I put stuff in layaway so I can see if I am smaller by that time and be able to trade it down a size because some 16's fit but were too muffin topped or snug.  I also compared the cost of the same pieces of clothing (tops and pants) and saved at least $2 on every item.  To me that is a very good reason to continue my weight loss; it is way less expensive to dress as well as to eat. LOL
grannymedic1
on 1/16/11 4:10 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
Great NSV! You are right to just put stuff on lay away because more than likely they will be big by then. I remember when I was able to give up tops that had numbers and letters together, it was a big deal! I still have quite a few XL because I am broad shouldered but that is ok, I'll take it.

Keep up the good work, you will be surprised at how quickly your body changes, enjoy.
Sue

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

Kate -True Brit
on 1/16/11 4:36 am - UK

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/11 4:50 am

LOVE IT!   Good idea with doing a layaway just in case you need a smaller size, also. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/11 7:37 am
Yea!!! Have a GREAT time in Florida in your smaller clothes.  Be sure to set aside some money to shop while you are down there.

Trixie
(deactivated member)
on 1/16/11 12:29 pm - Des Moines, IA
Congrats!  What fun. 
Most Active