A WLS Public Service Announcement

Bette B.
on 1/15/11 11:26 pm

DEAR READER:

Please make note of and remember for the future the disclaimer statements below:

- My postings, profile, comments and photos reflect my experiences only. I am only commenting on life after Lapband surgery as I have experienced it.

- No one weight loss surgery procedure is right for everyone, and no procedure will guarantee weight loss. You may or may not be successful with the Lapband or any other WLS.

- Any person who guarantees that you will lose weight - and never regain it - should be avoided like the plague and run away from as fast as possible.

- While the Lapband has proven to be highly successful for me and many others, it may or may not be the right choice for you, your lifestyle and/or your medical needsPlease carefully investigate all your weight loss options - surgical and non-surgical - to determine what course of action will be right for you and most likely to aid in your success.

- While each WLS procedure comes with specific basic rules that should be followed, bear in mind that your surgeon's or nutritionist's instructions for pre- and post-operative diets, etc. may be different from someone else's. Please follow the instructions of YOUR medical team.

- That being said, sometimes bending the rules will work better for you. If what you do is WORKING for you and is not adversely affecting your health, discuss with your surgeon and nutritionist as to whether you should continue that course.

- No one's experiences with weight loss surgery will necessarily mirror those of another. Your results and experiences may, and most likely will, differ.

- Remember that as each person's physiology is different, so will each person's rate of weight loss and possible improvements in and resolution of comorbidities.

- Please remember that you are reading information on a public website which is open to all people, some of whom may not have honest intentions. The people who make posts here may or may not have medical training. Please be careful when following "medical" advice from persons you don't know with 100% certainty are actual medical professionals.

- Please remember that it is possible that anyone posting on this or any other website may actually have had the WLS procedure they claim to have had, and may not have had any WLS at all.

- In the event of a medical emergency, please DO NOT post on this or any other website that you are having a problem and wait for assistance. Your first line of communication is to your own surgeon or, in the event of a serous emergency, 911 or other local authorities.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Kate -True Brit
on 1/16/11 1:44 am - UK

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Stephanie M.
on 1/16/11 1:51 am

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Shaesnana
on 1/16/11 3:38 am - Davenport, FL

pam57
on 1/16/11 3:55 am - Murrieta, CA
REALIZE Band on 12/20/10 with
 You are awesome and hysterically funny.  I wish you lived in California because I would love to try and get you a job where I work.

Pam

Bette B.
on 1/16/11 7:42 am
 If you let me ride that horse, I'll be on the first plane out of Snowville (Southern CT)

pam57
on 1/16/11 8:18 am - Murrieta, CA
She's a bit of a diva and hasn't been ridden much.  We are hoping to get her "with foal" this year so we can ratchet her hormones down.  But I have a few here that you can ride, ...we were in the 80s today

Pam
Bette B.
on 1/16/11 9:55 pm
 She's just gorgeous!

And you had to throw in "the 80s" didn't you? 

Here's a little taste of Connecticut for you . . .

pam57
on 1/17/11 1:30 am - Murrieta, CA
 I don't do snow

grannymedic1
on 1/16/11 4:49 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

Most Active