Am I in Bandster Hell?

OCMomma
on 1/16/11 10:17 am
Yes you are.. I am in the Hell so bad my hair is burning. I haven't had a first fill yet and it kills me to leave my plate somedays.  I have to keep myself busy and deal with the belly rumbles and the bad taste in my mouth from hunger.  

Failed Lapband December 2010,Revision to RNY 2015.

Kelly B.
on 1/16/11 12:14 pm
I am so relieved for this post.  I had my surgery in October and have lost only about 3 pounds total.  I have my 4th fill tomorrow so I'm hoping for better results.  I follow the rules to a T, increased protein, increased water and work out for a minimum of 30 minutes 6 times a week.  I feel better that it normally does take 3-5 fills to get moving.  I won't give up!
(deactivated member)
on 1/16/11 12:36 pm - Des Moines, IA
I agree with Granny about the protein drinks. The fluids just go right on through and don't really help hunger.  Once on solids I wasn't supposed to do them, only after a fill.

I drink a lot of hot decaf coffee and that helps me if  I'm hungry.  Or a cheesestick, 80cals / 8 grams of protein. 

You are not failing.  It just takes time and patience.  It will work!
floridajewels
on 1/16/11 9:40 pm - FL
Yesterday was good.  I had a little more for lunch than my dr told me to eat but I didn't go crazy with the picking.  I was very aware of my food.  We went to lunch with my dad and I had a smoked chicken breast... ate a good bit of it.  I would say about 4 oz.  Then I had a couple of bites of other things, peas, toast, etc.  I was a little overful but I felt very satisfied.  Then about 2 hrs later I had a protein bar.  It really helped.  I didn't have that crazy afternoon of "being underfed" feeling!  My night was much better!  Tomorrow I start the last phase of my food per my dr.  3oz at each meal and then adding veggies and fruit and 1 carb.  I can't believe how much bread I have NOT had in the last month!  WOW! And I do stop the protein drinks unless I have a fill.  I tried the pure protein bars.  yummy!  And 18-20 grams of protein.  I am going to try this again today and not eat too much at lunch.  Thanks so much for the encouragement!  Now to work on my head!  haha
Most Active