Home from surgery

Tricia W.
on 1/15/11 2:36 am - Yakima, WA
Hello everyone.....my surgery was on Thursday and I came home yesterday.  Everything went great!!!  The worst part was the anxiety once I arrived at the hospital.  Everyone there was extremely wonderful.  I arrived at 8:00 am and they wheeled me back to surgery holding at 9:45 so I thought it went pretty fast.  I remember them moving me to the surgery table and then waking up in recovery.  They removed my gall bladder, which I am thankful for since it had several gallstones.  I wasn't in very much pain, but I had a little nausea when I first woke up, but the meds helped with that.  Once I got to my room, I started walking.  I was alert for most of the evening and was surprised I wasn't "out of it" more.  I stayed for one night in the hospital because I live 3 hours away.  I slept really good on my first night home and I got up this morning and went for a walk around the block.  So far, I have to say the surgery wasn't bad at all.  I am sore in the port area, but everything else seems to be good.  When I am sitting, I can't even tell I had surgery. 
Thank you to everyone who said a prayer for me.  I am forever grateful. 

Peace & Love, Tricia 

OzzieGirl
on 1/15/11 2:49 am - NY
Lap Band on 11/16/10 with
So glad you are up and about. Remember to keep drinking (sipping)! Sliding over to make room on the loser's bench for you! All the best!!
OzzieGirl             
fairy_kissez
on 1/15/11 2:50 am - Albuquerque, NM

Congrats on your surgery!!!!! I like you had little pain and was up cleaning my yard three days later. Hope your recovery keeps going smooth.

~Jen

lapband in 2008 at 298lbs , lowest weight was 183lbs , Band almost killed me and removed in 2011. No revison because to much damage for revision.

Anti Lap-band advocate!

MomTo3Ds
on 1/15/11 3:15 am
Happy to hear all went well.
(deactivated member)
on 1/15/11 3:21 am - Des Moines, IA
Welcome to the Loser's Bench!  Congrats! 
Shaesnana
on 1/15/11 4:26 am - Davenport, FL
Hi Tricia!
Welcome home and I'm glad all went so well for you.  Don't get too over-confident tho.  Do what you're suppose to do.  You want the inside to heal well before you do too much.

Lyn.

jaxmom
on 1/15/11 5:03 am
YAY!!! Welcome home and welcome to the other side, loser!!!!!! Take it easy and try and walk as much as you can to expel that excess gas from surgery. So excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lap-Banded March 16, 2010
263.4/187/148(Start/current/Goal)

'once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right'

adorkbl
on 1/15/11 9:01 am
Congrats on getting banded!! Yay for you getting rid of your gallbladder too!! (I had to have a second operation 7 months post op after several ER visits and oodles of testing... wish I had them done at one time.)

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 1/15/11 9:24 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Welcome to the loser's bench.  So glad they took you gallbladder now you won't have to have it out later.
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

NCB1997
on 1/15/11 10:40 am
So happy you did great! Congrats!!!
Nancy B.    
Most Active