Two years ago today...

Mercedes S.
on 1/16/11 6:18 am - Accokeek, MD
Two years ago today, I had my lapband placed.  I have not had one regret and would not change a thing.  As of today  I am 97 pounds down.  I was up to 105 pounds down but I have not exactly been following the band rules lately.   I am very happy woth my progress and will be getting myself back on track now.  I am working to lose another 20-30 pounds so that I can begin to start my process of having a skin removal and tummy tuck done. 

I will never say that it has been easy becasue it was not.  You have to work for anything that you want and that I have done.  I have joined the gym and I am looking forward to finishing what I started two years ago.  I do not get a chance to get on the blogs much anymore because I am working full time as well as taking classes full time.  On top of that I am running behind my 13 year old for her activities.  If I can get a chance I will post a few pictures later.   That is if I can remember how to do that. 

Good luck to everyone that is just beginning and those that have been at it for a while but may be struggling.  It is all worth the fight.  TTYL!!

Whom ever said that people who have WLS are taking the easy way out, have never had this experience.  This is a journey and a major challenge.  Step by step I am striving to make it as a loser!! 

Starting Weight/ Current Weight / Goal Weight  (for now)

337/235.2/199

Kate -True Brit
on 1/16/11 6:57 am - UK

Well done! it is great to hear success stories.  Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

DeniseB.
on 1/16/11 7:43 am - IN
Congratulations on your success!  You've done well.  I am in the same boat.  I hung out in the 220's for a year or so...kinda up and down.  Now, I'm ready to kick it in and get to my goal.

Denise
340/319/216/155

mary101678
on 1/16/11 9:12 am - RI
VSG on 07/10/12
Well done and congratulations!
Keep it up!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/11 11:38 am - Des Moines, IA
Happy 2nd Bandiversary!  Great job!  Sounds like you have a plan!
Most Active