Excess Gas...How long?

Huggles13151
on 1/15/11 5:35 am - Northwood, OH
I just got my band Jan. 10th. Was kinda sore after surgery but not too bad. Stayed overnight and home the next day. My port site is a little sore especially if I turn wrong or move the wrong way but no big deal. What I was wondering is how long it takes to get rid of all the air/gas in your abdomen. I feel like I have enough air in there to fill the Goodyear blimp. So far gas X isn't making much difference. Any other suggestions?

steelerfan1
on 1/15/11 5:46 am
I never had problems with gas, but the girls say to use a heating pad and do lots of walking !!! That is about the only way to get the gas out .

Gas X isnt going to help because its for intestinal gas and you dont have that .

Hope it gets better for you soon !!!

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

jeanmomof4
on 1/15/11 6:09 am - IL

I felt like I was going to die the first week. Yes it was all that gas pain. I was loosing my mind over it . Well exactly 1 week after surgery It left my body and I felt like a million bucks. Not to be gross but I made my first #2 that day, who knows!
I walked and did every thing I was supposed to (I think a little too much). OH my Doc said get off the pain meds. That honestly helped me. Everyone is different.

Jean

bcarter1220
on 1/15/11 8:52 am - Scott, AR
I got my bank Dec 16th and the gas pain was terrible the first week, but took about 2 weeks to really be gone.  However I will say I'm 4 weeks out now and when I lay down at night I pass a lot of gas when I get on my sides.  It may be the things I'm eating more beans, eggs etc to  get the protien in.  I'm hoping even this gas gets better with time. 

jaxmom
on 1/15/11 9:55 am
gas-x strips and walk, walk, walk, walk, walk............ and then, walk!!! it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you'll be fine soon!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lap-Banded March 16, 2010
263.4/187/148(Start/current/Goal)

'once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right'

mary101678
on 1/15/11 11:08 am - RI
VSG on 07/10/12
It may take several weeks to get rid of all the gas. I used Gas X strips and they helped A LOT!

And once I started walking a good distance, like around 2 miles each time, the gas really went away. In fact, I was resisting any exercise, but the large amounts of gas really drove me to it.

Weird way to be motivated to move off the couch, but it jump started my exercise program and helped me move that gas out.

I didn't like the heating pad, because I felt like it irritated my incisions.

Best of luck!!!

Most Active