going for my first fill

OCMomma
on 1/15/11 11:35 am, edited 1/15/11 11:35 am
Everyone is different.  I haven't had a fill yet and I still can snack in between meals and get hungry.  I walk on my treadmill 4 times a week and I have only lost 17 lbs and not any weight in the last week and a half.   I don't eat sugar, no caffeine, no carbs and I am still not losing. I am losing iches though.  I can't wait to get a fill

Failed Lapband December 2010,Revision to RNY 2015.

OCCali_Girl
on 1/15/11 4:55 pm - CA

I just posted this on another thread but think it is appropriate here as well....

I just got my first fill last week and was also apprehensive, however like steeler fan I am loosing a lot of weight even without a fill.. I "write down" or record EVERYTHING I eat on my iPhone (App called Daily Burn) and one thing that has been a major wake up call is calories.... I have never counted a calorie in my life... so if you are not recording your food and tracking your Calories, fat, carbs & protein you may be eating more than you realize!  It was quite a lesson for me!

My *AWESOME* doctor does is a fill under fluoroscope and I  think this is really a revolution for the Lap Band.  Now I realize this is not offered at all Doctors offices, however I did inquire before my surgery about it and it really takes out a lot of guess work.  It was pretty cool!

Brief description of how it works if you are interested....

Puts the needle in, walk over to the x-ray machine they pinpoint where the band is and then they put in the fill amount which in this case was 3cc's, I drank this stuff and you could watch it go down my esophagus, slow at my band and go through.. so my Doc said Ohh we can do more!  So did the procedure again with 4CC and he could see that it stopped so he pulled out .5cc, that still seemed a little limiting still so we back it down to 3cc's and walla!! That was the right thing!  No guess work no concerns!  I drank my bottle of water..sipping slowly and all was well!  I have restriction but not a concern about the food going down as long as I take small bites & eat sloooowly!

Hope this helped!

The band may not be perfect, but it will be perfect for me!

VEGAS IN JUNE GOAL!!        

Most Active