going for my first fill

abbylamami66
on 1/15/11 12:11 am - MA
im going for my first fill. Is this when the weight loss starts?? I,m ready to start losing some weight. looking sor some insight on what to expect from my first fill.....

BluestCat
on 1/15/11 1:03 am
I am going for my first fill on Monday. I am hoping for a bit of restriction after it. From everything that I have read here, it may take quite a few fills to find that green zone of restriction. I have noticed that I can't eat as much now even with just an unfilled band. I had a large hernia repaired and have been on restricted activities for the past six weeks. I will be really glad when the surgeon allows me to start lifting weights and exercising again.

What I have discovered about my band is that she doesn't like bread, cheese or lunchmeats. Both of these foods get stuck. No matter how small of a piece I eat, it gets stuck. I can eat fibrous foods like oranges, broccoli etc without any issues right now. This is kind of weird, but I am going with the flow as I like broccoli and fruit.

I am trying to follow a reduced calorie (my surgeon told 1,000 cals per day) and reduced card diet while I am in the process of getting fills. My gym bag is packed, as I am hoping that I will be able to go back to the gym on Tues.

Best of luck to you!
Kim
abbylamami66
on 1/15/11 6:06 am - MA

I cant wait to get off week 5 diet.. please keep me posted once you get your fill. let me know how it goes. good luck

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/11 3:20 am - Des Moines, IA
Hi, I actually didn't have any fluid in my band and waited until I was 3 months post op to get my first fill.  I lost 30 pounds in those 3 months by following the surgeon's plan.  Weight loss happens with reduced calories and increased activity.  Just by getting a fill doesn't mean you will start losing weight.  You have to do some of the work also.  The band will eventually help you to feel "not hungry" for 4 hours after eating 3oz of dense protein and 1/4- 1/2c of veggies.  It can take several fills before you get in the "green zone".
steelerfan1
on 1/15/11 4:38 am
Gosh everything Kristi wrote is me also lol.

I will be 2 months post op the 22ND of this month and skipped my first fill and I'm pretty sure I will be skipping my second fill the 24Th of this month.

The weight loss just dont start when you get a fill.   I have lost 30 pounds and 16.5 inches since my surgery all less then 2 months .

All the fill does is help you from getting hungry for a certain amount of time that is it.    It has to be you that makes the right food choices, it has to be you to not over eat. :o)

I can go about 4 hrs sometimes 5 without getting hungry when I eat my cup of food I dont get that full feeling ,  I can always eat more then my cup of food but because I can I dont its just not worth the risk.

When I eat my cup of food I'm satisfied.  I'm not full, but I'm not hungry yet either .  

Just remember the band is a tool only it has to be you to make all the most important decisions on your weight loss :o)

good luck !!!!

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

abbylamami66
on 1/15/11 6:11 am - MA
have you been exercising? i've been following it to a T. i go for my first fill on Feb. 2nd.
thanks for the encouring word. plz. let me know how your fill goes.

abbylamami66
on 1/15/11 5:55 am - MA
thanks alot for the responses. im just soooo anxious and afraid that Im not doing well. i get full very easy too. I tried eating around the clock. eating waiting an hour before drinking then im ready to eat again within an hour again. I know i have to try vegetables which im picky about them.  so i look forward to my appt, on february second and i will not get my hopes up about gettin a fill. but i cant to go to the gym and workout with weights..
abbylamami66
on 1/15/11 6:00 am - MA
another question. I measure my food, so it should not be more than a cup right? if I have applesauce , I have a cup of it. in the morning i usually have two boiled egg.  oh, im so worry about the calories, but they say not to think about the calories just the total protein

steelerfan1
on 1/15/11 6:51 am
On January 15, 2011 at 2:00 PM Pacific Time, abbylamami66 wrote:
another question. I measure my food, so it should not be more than a cup right? if I have applesauce , I have a cup of it. in the morning i usually have two boiled egg.  oh, im so worry about the calories, but they say not to think about the calories just the total protein
right you dont want no more then a cup of food :o) like what my NUT told me for protein cut your protein up first on how you are goign to eat it then measure it that way .

Calories are very important also .  If you consume to much you wont lose weight.  You should eat anywhere from 800 to 1200 a day .   1200 a day is on the high side and u want to eat that if you do alot of exercising .

The days I dont exercise I dont eat no more then 800-900  the days I do zumba about 1000 to 1100  .

here is what I do

800-1200 calories per day

no more then 50 grams of carbs per day I can go up to 65 per my doc

no more then 50 grams of fat per day

64 oz of water

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

abbylamami66
on 1/15/11 8:36 am - MA
thanks, that helped. I gotta try the zumba ,I keep hearing people talk about how good it is..
Most Active