4 week preop liquid diet??

j.johnson26
on 1/14/11 11:13 am - FL
 hello all... i was told by the surg office i would have to do 4 weeks.. has anyone else?
KathyS39
on 1/14/11 11:34 am - St Pete Beach, FL
I was actually on a calorie counting diet for three months (required by insurance) then a 2 week liquid pre-op and then 2 week liquid post-op.  One thing I can say..............after the 3rd or 4th day, the liquid thing does become easier. 

Best Wishes,

Kathy Allen

NCB1997
on 1/14/11 11:36 am
Hi, I had to do 3 weeks. The first week was the toughest, then it seemed to get easier. Mine was through Thanksgiving, so that made it hard.
Mine was no food whatsoever. Just protein drinks, sugar free popsicles, chicken/beef broth, sugar free jello, fat free milk, and of course water.
Best Of Luck to you!
Nancy B.    
Tricia W.
on 1/15/11 2:24 am - Yakima, WA
My surgery had a 2-week pre-op liquid diet, but he required 10% of your body weight to be lost before he would do surgery.  I have to agree with everybody when they say it does get easier.  Prepare yourself that the first few days will be extremely tough. I doubted my decision to have the surgery and even broke down a couple of times.......with that being said though I did struggle through it and day 5 for me was the turning point.  I ate a lot of sugar free popsicles, but got tired of jello after about 4 days.  I am on my 4-week post-op liquid diet right now.  I just had surgery 3 days ago.  Good luck and just remember the liquid diet is for your safety during surgery.  Your liver needs to shrink so your doctor will have an easier time moving around in there.  Good luck to you!

Peace & Love, Tricia 

dznyntnh
on 1/15/11 8:45 am - Winter Haven, FL
I just started mine a week ago. I was told to do 2 weeks, but I actually started a couple days early to get used to the shakes and still be able to have something solid. The first few days were awful I was basically sticking to shakes and crystal light and getting bored and hungry. Then I reread the instructions and discovered jello, popcycles and broth. Use those things, they offer different flavors and can help some of the cravings. I was surprised that something as simple as a good beef broth could satisfy me both with taste and filling me up. As much as I am hating this part, I am just keeping me eyes on the prize.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w57TUxw/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w57TUxw/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

j.johnson26
on 1/15/11 9:11 am - FL
 thank you guys....idk i go to my consult at the end of this month.. i really hope i can have jello n popsicles during the preop diet...but ill find out then.....how many shakes they gave you daily?
OCMomma
on 1/15/11 11:40 am
I was 2 week diet but it wasn't liquid.  I had 2 shakes a day, 2 lean cuisine meals a day and one serving of fruit and one of veggies.   I also could have all the jello I wanted.

Failed Lapband December 2010,Revision to RNY 2015.

Most Active