??? About Fills

SOCOCHIC1014
on 1/14/11 8:47 am - Shady Side, MD

Hi everyone! :)

Im kinda new here, i had surgery on Nov 15th and am 40 pounds down since my pre op diet....I have had my first fill and am wondering what everyones experience was on finding the "Sweet spot" with your fills...

I go for my second fill on Wednesday and am actually excited :)

Amanda

coachgrrl
on 1/14/11 9:21 am
 Congrats on your 40 lbs!
that's awesome

In terms of the "sweet spot" we're all different.  I had a bit of restriction from the get-go.  But really hit at my 2nd fill and have stayed around 3.5-3.9cc in a 10cc band 

-Mari-
on 1/14/11 11:50 am
Hi Amanda
Everyone reaches their sweet spot at different times. The average is 3-5 fills. Then as you lose more weight you may need more fills. I got to mine after about 3 months. With each fill you should feel a little more restriction.
Congrats on your WL so far, you are doing great, good luck with your second fill.
Mari
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
kathkeb
on 1/14/11 12:46 pm
I have to say that I don't really believe in the whole concept of a 'sweet spot' ---- my band is different almost every day.

I eat what I am supposed to eat, in the quantity that I am supposed to eat it -- and I stop eating.

I got fills regularly (every 3 - 4 weeks) for the first few months -- I was losing about 10 - 15 pounds between fills.

Every time I got a fill, I visualized that the band was tighter -- and I ate carefully and thoughtfully and let the fill keep me satisfied with my small portion of food.

Some people 'chase' a sweet spot and end up disappointed because some days they are hungrier than other days ---- and they think that their band is not working.

It is about so much more than the band -- remember back to before the band when some days you were just hungrier than other days -- it is about hormones and water levels and the weather and a bunch of other factors ---- not so much about a 'sweet spot' in my opinion.
Kath

BluestCat
on 1/15/11 1:06 am
Kath,

This is an excellent post. Thank you very much for providing this info. I am copying this one for my note file. I am going for my first fill on Monday and will keep your advice in mind.

Kim
marjane67
on 1/14/11 2:01 pm
It's different for everyone...I've had 3 fills (4.75 of a 10cc band) and no real restriction yet...  if I don't chew some proteins well I will get just a tinge...
hopefully fill 4 will do it for me - but ya never know.  Good luck though :) You're doing awesome.

MJ

adorkbl
on 1/14/11 2:44 pm
MJ.. You are doing awesome! No "real" restriction yet and over 70 lbs gone. WTG!! :)

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

marjane67
on 1/14/11 9:52 pm
Thanks , that tracker is decieving though - its only like 36 or so :)  still, okay by me.

MJ

adorkbl
on 1/15/11 8:29 am
Ahhh... read the ticker wrong. But still awesome weightloss for being stuck in bandster hell. That is ALL you. WTG.

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

Suzanne K.
on 1/14/11 10:33 pm - NJ
 I go for my first fill Monday.

My lap band surgery was Dec. 21st.

Any tips on eating after it is filled?

Lots of hugz,

suzanne