My diagnosis was correct.

skoozie
on 1/13/11 10:11 am - Elliottsburg, PA
When I had my gall bladder out many years ago (8?)  I was on a 23 hour hold.  I slept at the hospital, but I was discharged before the 24 hour mark.  The only reason I stayed at all was because I had a reaction to the anesthesia.
Good luck, you will feel so much better!  I got to the point that even water caused an attack.  I will tell you that I had the ultra sound one day and he would have done the surgery the same day except I had eaten, so they scheduled me the very next day.  It was very quick.

Hislady
on 1/13/11 12:18 pm - Vancouver, WA
Thanks for all the great answers. I'll probably have to wait at least a week because I take coumadin and have to do a "bridge" of lovonox before surgery. I imagine they'll keep me overnite since I tend to bleed and they usually want to keep an eye on me for 24 hrs. but that's OK. The pain seems to have toned down some or maybe I'm just eating wiser so I don't set it off. Stupid cranky GB! Anyhoo thanks for all the good wishes.
Michelle F.
on 1/13/11 12:45 pm

My gallbladder removal was outpatient...I went in around 10am and was home by 3pm.  My band surgeon took my gb out and fixed my port at the same time.  It was an easy recovery, I had it done on a Monday and was back to working from home on Wednesday and back in the office the following Monday.

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/13/11 1:06 pm - Mexico
HEY HEY HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is your magical opportunity!!!! Seriously, your ins co is paying for the hospital, OR time, most of your surgeon fees... you can get your revision for a mere fraction of self pay prices!!!

It is not ins fraud, nothing of the sort. You let ins pay for most of the costs and you pay the surgeon for extras. ;o)))))

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Pamela B.
on 1/13/11 5:42 pm - AR
VSG on 08/14/15
They done mine on a OUT PATIENT !!! thats been 11 yrs ago BEFORE lap-band surgery....

Tiff tells all
on 1/13/11 10:50 pm - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19

I'm so glad they know and are going to take care of you!
I still have mine so I can't answer your question, I just hope you are feeling better sooner than later.

Happy Healing friend.

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/11 8:17 am - Des Moines, IA
Keep us updated.  Sending you some warm hugs and Gracie and Jack send you some puppy kisses!  : )
Hislady
on 1/14/11 11:01 am - Vancouver, WA
I love puppy kisses! Give them a good ear scratchin' from me!
(deactivated member)
on 1/14/11 1:08 pm
Most Active