Can I take Tylenol Pm the night before surgery?

D. Scott
on 3/9/09 11:20 am
RNY with
I have to be up at 3:30am to head out to the hospital but don't usually go to bed until around 11pm. In order to fall asleep early I thought I would try Tylenol PM, is this ok?

Sarah
wannababy
on 3/9/09 11:23 am - St. Louis, MO
I asked my Dr about this and he said no. ?? not sure why exactly, but he preferred that I didn't take it. I just got up extra early the morning before, so I was super tired the night before my surgery. I actually slept okay, suprisingly. We had to get up around 4 am, so I know how you feel....  Good luck!!
Highest: 338/Surgery Day: 303/Current: 270/Goal: 180
D. Scott
on 3/9/09 11:26 am
RNY with
Thanks, I dont want to take any unneccesary risks.

Sarah
Jean M.
on 3/9/09 11:36 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Sarah,

Don't take anything your surgeon didn't approve.  Tylenol PM is probably harmless, but why risk it?  Why sacrifice your health for the sake of one night's sleep?

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

D. Scott
on 3/9/09 11:47 am
RNY with
I absolutely agree. I only asked because it isn't on the list of things I am not supposed to take and I never thought to ask specifically.

Sarah
Anikacashf
on 3/9/09 10:22 pm - PA
Congrats on being banded.  We have the same date.  Good Luck see you after today.

Mary B.
on 3/10/09 1:09 am - Southern, MD
Sarah,
Did you get any type of pre-op orders yet? I was told specifically not to take BC, motrin, tylenol etc for two days before my surgery. I was allowed to take prilosec and cholesterol meds the morning of surgery. I would definately call and ask. These recommendations came from the nurse who admitted me...I met with her just over a week before surgery.

Good Luck!
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

Most Active