OT: Any mid-life career changers here?

motherfashion
on 1/7/09 11:26 pm - Cincinnati , OH
SG

in my case, they approached me
you can go to the school websites and look under employment opportunities and you can also send them your resume to let them know of your skill sets and availability

if head hunters still exist in this day and age maybe link up with some

good luck

start 350 / surgery 323 / CURRENT 195 / hip replaced 8/26 / GOAL 185

"nothing is forgotten, only left behind"-Robbie Robertson

Angelofmusic219
on 1/8/09 6:45 am - Madison, NJ
Hi, I'm tossing around the idea of learning to do massage with the intention of building a part time side business- any words of wisdom that you can offer?  Did you have a hard time building a client base? 

Becky M. Coming up on 5 years, still working at it.  

Start: 257  Lowest: 177 Current: 200

motherfashion
on 1/8/09 9:21 am - Cincinnati , OH
keep your day job, massage is lovely, byt often considered a luxury item and is one of the first thing people will let go of when money gets tight

and, keep your overhead low (share offices, have office in home, etc)

and NETWORK like crazy

start 350 / surgery 323 / CURRENT 195 / hip replaced 8/26 / GOAL 185

"nothing is forgotten, only left behind"-Robbie Robertson

kaytiebugs
on 1/7/09 10:04 pm - Flowery Branch, GA
I haven't... I'm only 24, but I have an online friend who is about to finish law school, she's in her 40s.

I am, however, going to have to start from the bottom up in a few years. I start college in January of next year. Great for me. The only bad part- I'm already earning a decent salary and to do what I want to do I'll have to take a pay cut and start from the bottom up again. What's worse? Staying in a job that I'm only here for the check and continuing to not be happy in my career? Or taking a $10-12k pay cut in the name of happiness?
(deactivated member)
on 1/7/09 11:31 pm - San Francisco, CA
Happiness beats money every time, IMHO.  As long as there's a little money.

losingleslie
on 1/7/09 11:47 pm - Central FL, FL
I'm 36 but had a career crisis - currently in grad school for my Masters.  My weight loss helped me realize that I was not being treated well at my old employer and I deserve the best for happiness, not to be miserable! 

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Original starting weight: 262   Now: 150 ish - 147 to 152 any given time....
Size 22/24 to size 8!  2XL to M!

Alex R.
on 1/8/09 1:22 am - Toronto, Canada

Have you seen the documentary...."A Lawyer Walks Into A Bar" ?

It's fairly recent - we just picked up in the new releases doc section.  Might be worth seeing to help you make a decision.  Its about taking the California bar exam.

My husband is a lawyer, and is currently out of work (it happens even to lawyers).  He made a modest living at it, but not grand like many other lawyers.  Two of my daughters are currently in law school.  Their view is not necessarily to practise law, but view their law degrees as an adjunct to a business career.

Height - 5'6"    French MIDband:  13 fills, current 8.7ccs - capacity 12 ccs

Most Active