Drama in Lapband land!

Renu
on 1/3/09 6:09 pm - mitchell, SD
And thx for the replys too...i needed the reasurance too...just having a horrible month i guess....was on such a role then sorta just droped off this december..
RHONDA SANCHEZ
on 1/3/09 10:06 pm - WEST HAVEN, CT
Wow!!  I have had 2 fills and cannot eat much due to my band being well restricted. I cannot due wings and pizza, would love to though. I would say check with your surgeon and tell him whats going on. I to this day dont experience much hunger at all, I just eat because I know I have to. GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD? I myseld tried one 3 weeks ago and nope could not eat even a little..maybe 3 bites and well chewed, but slimed all the way home. tell your surgeon that its not working and he will help u out, I just hope u dont get discouraged like me because u cannot enjoy foods, this is my problem
take care and keep us posted!!!

Rhonda Sanchez

Renu
on 1/4/09 4:00 am - mitchell, SD
Well maybe i should of been more clear..but its not that ive been eating one meal throughout , i just recently started doing so, i was eating 3 meals a day but allways hungery still and when i did eat i felt as if i was gorging so that is the reason why i droped to one meal and replacing the other 2 with some protein meal bars..the only time i get any type of restriciton feel, is if i dont chew well or eat to quickly then usually i end up PB'ing..But..maybe its all in my head on that im "gorging" idk..i know its less that when i used to eat...going through a phase to possibly..heh...not that i like to admit it..But thnx again for all the Replys and ill take everyones advice into consideration!!

Thx
Michael
Pam M.
on 1/4/09 4:28 am - Western, MA
3-5 fills is the average time frame folks feel effective restriction...so you're not at all out of the ballpark on that.  Once you do find effective restriction, additional fills down the line tend to be very small and still make a significant difference (mine are often 0.1cc but I have the smallest band) so that still leaves ALOT of room for future fills...no need to worry there.  I do think you are close based on the PB from insufficient chewing.  Do your best to eat healthy, but don't beat yourself up for having trouble with the long haul.  It's difficulty with the long haul that got most of us here in obesity-land, and just know there is hope in the future.

I am not alone, neither are you. 

Most Active