An update on me, an ex-lap-bander...

krkmed
on 12/28/08 10:19 am - Reno, NV
I thought I'd post this on this board too, as I have some friends here...

Well, when I got my lap-band back in November 2007, I never thought I'd be posting a post like this again...I thought I'd be done with the weight loss surgery, so to speak.  Well, life had other plans...I'm scheduled for my VSG tomorrow morning.

Yes, I'm nervous, as most WLS patients tend to be, but I'm also excited.  I have a much better feeling about this surgery, and I'm taking it more seriously too.  Not that the lap-band infection was my fault at all...I just don't want to risk every having to go through this again.

So goodbye for now my friends!  I don't have an angel, but I will post again in a few days when I get home, if only to let everyone know everything went okay.  If I have any say in the matter, I will ask that they release me on New Year's Day.

Cheers,

~Katherine

LiamsMommy
on 12/28/08 10:24 am - Burlington City, NJ
Good luck Katherine!
Charlotte P.
on 12/28/08 10:35 am - Mansfield, TX
Good luck to you!

Helana R
on 12/28/08 10:40 am - Kansas City, KS

Hey there! I too had a Lapband and LOVED it!!! I had my surgery 11/06....tomorrow I will be 2 weeks post-op from my revision to VSG.  I am LOVING it!!!  I have absolutely ZERO physical hunger..I"m still dealing with a bit of HEAD hunger but am slowly winning that battle also.  I too found that recovery from this surgery was alot easier because I knew what would happen mostly.  I knew how it would be when I woke up..I knew how it would be eating only liquids for awhile.....That's my main thing..KNOWING what was going to happen.  I've lost 20 lbs in these first 2 weeks and hope to continue...especially since I had gained 35 lbs this year with my Lapband Slip.  Good luck to you and keep us posted!!!!  You'll love your VSG.

kadfjhsdh.gif image by redhd76

lyndee
on 12/28/08 11:17 am

Katherine,

First, I want to wish you all the best with your surgery tomorrow. I will be thinking about you and sending prayers for a very successful surgery and that you heal fast.

Now, I had no idea you had any problems with your band. I am so sorry it did not work out for you. I am happy to hear you have an alternate surgery, that I understand is very good.

Have you posted on the band grad board? If you have not joined yet, please do. You will always have bandster friends and you will always be welcome there and here on the main band board.

There are a number of people who have had revisions over there and you may be able to compare notes. And besides it's nice to just see what everyone has been up to;).

Wishing you all the best,

((((Hugs))))

Lyndee

The opinions expressed by Lyndee are for entertainment purposes only. If I have offended anyone, I apologize. This includes, but is not limited to, the moderators, members of PETA, all unions, liberals, conservatives, SAHMs, WAHMs, gays, whites, blacks, mexicans, asians, jews, christians, agnostics, atheists, buddhists and all other religions, the mentally challenged, witches, bitches, the truly stupid and anyone or anything else I may have forgotten. Thank you!

mxekin65
on 12/28/08 12:29 pm
Wishing you all the luck in the world!!! Looking forward to your post!

Blessings,

Nina
Hislady
on 12/28/08 2:51 pm - Vancouver, WA
God bless, I'll be saying a prayer for you and keep us all posted. Do come hang on the grad board there are several others there that have had to do different surgeuries because the band didn't work for them. I'm personally very interested in how your VSG goes cause I'm pretty fed up with the band. Best wishes tho and hope this works for you!
kerniec
on 12/28/08 11:36 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/22/14
Katherine

Best wishes and I am happy that you are able to get a revision, no surgery is perfect for all people.

275 SW 8/5/08LB 165MW 2009-11, LB complications 2010-14

7-22-14 Revision LB to VSG 212SW/192CW/159GW  HT 5'7"

Most Active