protein drinks and loss of energy

loeffler1
on 12/28/08 10:39 am - Mounds View, MN

Hello all

I went to a lap band meeting a few weeks ago, and was told I should try and take a multi vitamin and have a protein drink every day being I try and go to the gym on a daily basis.  Well it seems sense I started doing that I have lost energy and was just wondering if anyone else out there has had this same problem?  I have tried a few kinds of protein drinks and found that whey protein from GNC is the one I like best for taste and you can tell after working out your not as fatigued after but I just dont have the same feeling going into the gym I did before taking supplements like I guess your suppose to..

LiamsMommy
on 12/28/08 10:53 am - Burlington City, NJ
Hello,

How long before you work out are you drinking the protein drink and taking the vitamins? Maybe it's too soon before you work out? I haven't had my surgery yet but I know that if I eat before the gym (within an hour or so), I'm so not into working out!

Dawn
lyndee
on 12/28/08 12:23 pm

I also use the whey from GNC and like it. Do you use 1 1/2 to 2 c. FF milk and 2 scoops to make your shakes?.

Also, I would suggest a visit to your surgeon for blood tests to check your vitamins, liver function and thyroid function. As we lose weight our bodies and our systems change and a periodic check should be done. You may be lacking in some B vitamins or your thyroid may be a bit off.

You may want to post this on the band grads board as there are many people who may have experienced this.

The opinions expressed by Lyndee are for entertainment purposes only. If I have offended anyone, I apologize. This includes, but is not limited to, the moderators, members of PETA, all unions, liberals, conservatives, SAHMs, WAHMs, gays, whites, blacks, mexicans, asians, jews, christians, agnostics, atheists, buddhists and all other religions, the mentally challenged, witches, bitches, the truly stupid and anyone or anything else I may have forgotten. Thank you!

Most Active