Stupid people line up...here's your sign!

Hislady
on 12/17/08 12:29 pm - Vancouver, WA
Ok I' just sitting around relaxing this evening and the phone rings, it's the local jewelery store calling to tell me my earrings are ready to be picked up. Uhhhh I didn't take any earrings to be fixed so I just said OK. Then it dawned on me it must be my Christmas gift from hubby. Thanks stupid person #1 here's your sign! So I ask hubby and he says yeah they were supposed to be for Christmas, I said well I still don't know what they look like so that's ok I hope they are wires because I can't wear post (metal allergy). Well you guessed it they were post, we've been married 23 years and he didn't know I was allergic to metal? Or maybe notice I NEVER wear posts? Stupid person #2 here's your sign! I even told him exactly what I wanted, not jewelry but a ramp so I can get to the hot tub but nope I'll be sitting here looking at my earrings I can't wear that are no longer a surprise. Merry  Christmas to me! GGRRRRR
Rachelena
on 12/17/08 12:39 pm - Hicksville, NY
VSG on 10/18/10 with
Wow! Yea that would kind **** me off too.... Hubby should know that by now...

Merry Christmas to you!

Looking for a great time in NY! Come to the OH Long Island Conference 2011! Use Coupon Code LebowitzNY11 for $30 off and a free t-shirt and tote bag! All proceeds will be donated to the OAC
Bariatric Revisionary

Barbara F.
on 12/17/08 12:53 pm - Booneville, MS
I'm sorry. Ya, that kind of killed the joy all the way around. Well men are a little slow at times...just remember that. lol. And a Jewelery store!! What the heck! Where was the brains there? People don't use even a fraction of the brain they were born with do they? I'm sorry it went this way...can he take those back?

Why do I love food when it doesn't love me back?  Stupid food....doesn't understand our relationship yet! 

SmilinsShrinking
on 12/17/08 12:56 pm - Kent, WA
DS on 08/05/16
My most recent "here's your sign" moment, was 2 weeks ago... My surgeon throws a fancy party for his patients each year around Christmas.  The invitation says it's at the Aquatic Center (It's an olympic sized pool & exercise rooms).   I was thinking, maybe they have a private room near the pool??  Anyway, I walk into the front door, wearing a ball gown & the man behind the counter asks me "Are you here for the Christmas Party?"  I said yes & he gave me directions to the reception hall behind the building.

When I walked back out the door, I said to my date "No, I always wear a ball gown to swim in.   Here's your sign!"

*hugs*
Smilin'

Revision band to DS. I had plastics to take care of my jiggily bits. I'm feeling so good!! My results have been even better than I ever dreamed.

LapBanderKiKi
on 12/17/08 1:01 pm - CA
It could be worse..at least ur hubby trys to surprise u... I ordered my own gift on line! ..so I give ur hubby a gold star for at least makin the effort =)

Yelena K.
on 12/17/08 2:16 pm - Plymouth, MN
See, and the fact that sucks is that men can get away with "at least I tried!" Blah - whatever! lol.

2019: 11 years out and maintaining a loss of 150lbs.

Follow me:

www.morethanmyweight.com

www.facebook.com/morethanmyweight

www.youtube.com/morethanmyweight

lyndee
on 12/17/08 2:25 pm
Ahh Men, You gotta love em or you'll be pulling your hair out most of the time;)

I got one like yours, thankfully his heart is big and in the right place...But he is a MAN and unfortunately sometimes when it comes to us women they get discombobulated...lol :)

The opinions expressed by Lyndee are for entertainment purposes only. If I have offended anyone, I apologize. This includes, but is not limited to, the moderators, members of PETA, all unions, liberals, conservatives, SAHMs, WAHMs, gays, whites, blacks, mexicans, asians, jews, christians, agnostics, atheists, buddhists and all other religions, the mentally challenged, witches, bitches, the truly stupid and anyone or anything else I may have forgotten. Thank you!

hebennett
on 12/17/08 5:39 pm
My birthday was in November,starting last spring I told my husband that I wanted new fancy tail lights for my truck.I even looked on line and printed photo's of the ones I wanted(several times cause he kept loosing them) Well 3 days before my birthday he calls me at work ,says where are those tail light photo's.I wanted to order them for you.Well long story short.He couldn't get them ordered,he didn't want to pay over $200. for them at another place,so i got porcipine quill earings instead.WTF? Then he tells me he wants a I-phone for Christmas for $245.....I don't think so.
lyndee
on 12/18/08 2:59 am
Two cans and a string...

The opinions expressed by Lyndee are for entertainment purposes only. If I have offended anyone, I apologize. This includes, but is not limited to, the moderators, members of PETA, all unions, liberals, conservatives, SAHMs, WAHMs, gays, whites, blacks, mexicans, asians, jews, christians, agnostics, atheists, buddhists and all other religions, the mentally challenged, witches, bitches, the truly stupid and anyone or anything else I may have forgotten. Thank you!

kellymoon
on 12/17/08 8:16 pm
A friend of mine had the same situation with the jewelry store calling, but they called to tell her that the engagement ring was ready!!!!!!!!!  WTF??  Are you kidding me??  So for months she knew this ring was coming but pretended like she didn't know for the sake of her future fiance. 

Note to all jewelry store employees - if you call a house about an engagement ring and a woman answers the phone, don't be an idiot!!
Most Active