Are Lean Cuisine Meals OK?

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/08 3:18 am - Huntington, WV
I am in week 5 post-op, soft foods, and I was wondering if the Lean Cuisine entrees are OK to eat. I've done the lasagna, a chicken enchilada with a few bites of Mexican Rice, they are very filling for me, some of them I don't eat it all; but I was wondering are there too many carbs or fat and calories in them do you think, there is a good amount of protein, but I am so confused, any thoughts?
terilynn112
on 12/10/08 3:21 am - maryland, NY
Several of the ladies in my local support group eat them.

Teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

lyndee
on 12/10/08 3:27 am
I think many are very good for us bandsters. I stay away from the more carb filled ones like lasagna and pizza and stick with the ones that have more protein like the Turkey, Chicken, and beef with a veggie. They are low cal and have enough protein for a meal.

The opinions expressed by Lyndee are for entertainment purposes only. If I have offended anyone, I apologize. This includes, but is not limited to, the moderators, members of PETA, all unions, liberals, conservatives, SAHMs, WAHMs, gays, whites, blacks, mexicans, asians, jews, christians, agnostics, atheists, buddhists and all other religions, the mentally challenged, witches, bitches, the truly stupid and anyone or anything else I may have forgotten. Thank you!

This one time....in
Band Camp.....

on 12/10/08 3:29 am - Crestwood, KY
Some are great nutritionally and some are not. 

When shopping just be sure to read the label and opt for the ones that are lower carb and lower fat.  It is possible to blow your whole daily carb allowance on one of those depending on how low your own diet guidelines are.

~BECKA~   Start - 254 / Current - 172.6 / Goal - 160
  Just another Bariatric Babe!! 

Penelope G.
on 12/10/08 3:54 am - xxxxx, Canada
People keep warning me to watch for the sodium content as it will cause fluid retention.  So that should be a consideration as well.  Packaged foods tend to have alot of sodium in them.

HW/SW/CW/GW
362/305/250.6/160  (54.4 since surgery)
1st Fill Dec22 4cc's * 2nd fill May 14 1cc = 5 ccs * 3rd (un)fill June 5 .5cc = 4.5 ccs *4th fill July 8 2cc=6.5cc, unfill of 1cc sept 09 = 5.5cc; Nov 8 fill of 1.5 =7ccs
Kate -True Brit
on 12/10/08 4:53 am - UK
They are convenient and measured so we know exactly what we are getting. So from that point of view they are good.

But they are often too high in sodium and they are often very soft. So later, when you are on normal foods, they are not necessarily good for bandsters as they slide down too easily.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

discogal
on 12/10/08 5:05 am - Fort Worth, TX
Man, I lived on the LC Santa Fe rice and beans when I was losing really fast. It has lots of protien and fiber. The swedish meatball one has lots of protien and tastes great too.

I try to keep them around for quick grab work lunches when I don't have time to pack my usual baked chicken or soup and a salad.
..*.. BEEEEEEEEEE HEALTHY..*..
bandhope
on 12/10/08 7:12 am - TX
I think it can be a great way to learn how to base your portions for other meals. If I eat them, I try to get the protein and veg. ones. They don't make a lot of them so I normally don't buy them a lot. Check with your NUT.
Hislady
on 12/10/08 12:55 pm - Vancouver, WA
I also like the Healthy Choice meals, I just give the starchy part to the dog. Then they are just the right size for me.
(deactivated member)
on 12/10/08 11:27 pm - Huntington, WV
Thanks to all of you for all of the feedback, I really do appreciate it, I never thought about the dog getting what I can't eat, that is an idea,lol!
Most Active