Am I getting enough?

karamyl31
on 12/10/08 10:27 am
My last adjustment has put me at a pretty tight fill level. I am losing weight well. However, I am having a hard time eating much. I can eat fine, but only a few bites of anything and i'm done. I have the soft stop signals (hiccups, belching, and runny nose). I can sip liquids fine. My only concern is whether or not I am getting enough nutrition in. I do need to get on a routine and do better with my water, vitamin, and protein intake. With the little that I can eat, I really feel like I need protein supplements. Any advice on this? I need help wrapping my head around it

Demitra in Kentucky
High:367/ Current:212/ Goal: 190

centurycardperfect-1.gif picture by karamyl30                              

Jean M.
on 12/10/08 10:41 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Have you been logging your daily caloric intake?  Do you have a nutritionist, and what does she/he say about how much you should be consuming?  How do you feel?  Do you have plenty of energy?  Are you able to sleep 8 hrs a day?  Do you have any negative symptoms (reflux, PB's, sliming, stuck episodes)?

If you are able to consume 64 oz of liquids a day, plus 60 g of protein a day, I wouldn't worry about it.  But fiber and fat (30 g a day) are important too.  So ,again, try logging your daily intake (try www.thedailyplate.com) and output (i.e., exercise).  This program allows you to input your weight, height, age, activity level, and weight loss goals in order to come up with a daily target caloric intake.  I prefer the software I bought at www.dietorganizer.com, but there are many other free food/exercise logging sites.  I can send you a list if you want.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Kate -True Brit
on 12/10/08 5:30 pm - UK
Can't ssay it better than Jean!  Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

lyndee
on 12/10/08 10:41 am
I know what you mean. I keep track of my nutritional values at www.myfooddiary.com, however there are many sites that you can keep track of the nutritional values for free. www.sparkpeople.com and www.thedailyplate.com are just two I'm sure if you do a google you will find a few more.

Anyway, I find that it really does help a lot to keep track, even with good restriction I can go overboard by eating something that is not so good, so I try to plan, I enter what I am going to eat for the day and adjust from there. Don't forget to get all of your protein in.

And remember it takes time to get used to the restriction.

Best Wishes,

Lyndee

The opinions expressed by Lyndee are for entertainment purposes only. If I have offended anyone, I apologize. This includes, but is not limited to, the moderators, members of PETA, all unions, liberals, conservatives, SAHMs, WAHMs, gays, whites, blacks, mexicans, asians, jews, christians, agnostics, atheists, buddhists and all other religions, the mentally challenged, witches, bitches, the truly stupid and anyone or anything else I may have forgotten. Thank you!

Kristina-M
on 12/10/08 10:47 am
No new advice here, just wanted to say I'm right there with you.  Getting the protein in is a challenge.  Sometimes I'll use slimfast or a protein drink when I first get up.  It helps get the protein and fluids while I'm tight early in the day. 

Never, ever would I have imagined being satisfied with such small portions!  Or a portion of a small portion, as it is!

KM   
Lap Band 11/6/07  SW 282/PREOP 264/CW 210/GW 150)

Most Active