If you eat salads, how big are they?

Karen D.
on 12/9/08 2:57 am - NY
Revision on 11/24/15
I'm trying to get back to eating lettuce.  It's been over a year and I miss it!  Curious, how big of a salad do you eat?  I know, lettuce has no nutritional value blah blah, but I put meat on it for protein.

Right now I'm eating a salad in a Rubbertmaid Take Alongs, the square one that says 5.39 cups (assuming that's a liquid measure!! )  It wasn't full to the top with lettuce...about 3/4 of the way, loosely placed in there too.
Thanks!
MelHub
on 12/9/08 3:25 am
I eat salads but I only use spring mix or butter lettuce for my salads and I have one every day i am only able to eat 3/4 of a cup but does take me like a hour or so, BUT I LOVE MY SALADS

janddhager
on 12/9/08 3:28 am - MD
I eat salad too.  I use baby spinach as the salad base.  By the time I get through putting imitation crab meat, tomatoes, onions, blue cheese, beets on the salad it looks too big and I usually can't eat all of it.  I think I eat about 1 1/2 cups.  It sounds large but by the time you chew it, it gets shredded and probably is only a cup.  Diane
mmsmom
on 12/9/08 3:37 am - Woburn, MA
I recently read somwhere that salad was not an accurate measure of food because it really breaks down so much after chewing.  I eat salad all the time - Newman's Own Italian Lighten UP is quite delicious, low in fat and cals too. 
Kate -True Brit
on 12/9/08 3:42 am - UK
If you have your meat first, then whatever amount of lettuce fits in after it!  For me that's not a lot! I don't see it as a big deal - it may not have all that much nutritional value but it tastes good and life is not all about high nutritional values! It's not going to harm you - just fill you up.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Ann M.
on 12/9/08 3:49 am
When you think of all the air and space it takes up, there really isn't a whole lot to occupy your stomach.  I wouldn't worry about the amount of lettuce.  That's one of the easiest things for me to eat still.  Thank goodness for lettuce!
Ann Marie

lyndee
on 12/9/08 3:59 am
Right now I'm on an El Pollo Loco "Pollo Cesar Salad" kick.
I LOVE this salad. The lettuce is crisp so I don't get stuck on it and the chicken is moist. I love the creamy cilantro dressing and dip my chicken with a bit of salad in it...Yummm-O.

Anyway, after I finish the chicken and small amount of the salad I am full. There's a lot of the salad left that I can not eat, but I got my protein in and a bit of the lettuce:)

The opinions expressed by Lyndee are for entertainment purposes only. If I have offended anyone, I apologize. This includes, but is not limited to, the moderators, members of PETA, all unions, liberals, conservatives, SAHMs, WAHMs, gays, whites, blacks, mexicans, asians, jews, christians, agnostics, atheists, buddhists and all other religions, the mentally challenged, witches, bitches, the truly stupid and anyone or anything else I may have forgotten. Thank you!

SistahGirl
on 12/9/08 4:04 am - Pueblo, CO
i"m having sald now!  I have a small Glad bowl that is 2 cups.  I fill it 3/4 full of salad, and top it with 1/2 package of the Lemon Pepper tuna creations, a little avocado and Lite Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing.  Yum!  I could eat this every day!

A woman's heart must be so hidden in GOD that a man must first seek GOD in order to find her"    

Trish

mamaof4roses
on 12/9/08 4:35 am - Portland, OR
I eat salad just about every day.  It is a staple for me and I love it.  I eat about a two cup salad...things go down well and I'm losing well. 

gorditabonita
on 12/9/08 5:42 am - Springfield, VA
VSG on 01/23/13 with
I eat salad with grilled chicken or boiled egg & ham 2-3x per week. I perfer romaine lettuce and I chop is pretty small. As far as size, I can eat a small soup bowl full but I often have to stop at about 80% of the way through.

HW - 287 (12/2007); GW - 165; CW - 164....proudly wearing a size 8!On my journey from LapBand to VSG.....LapBand on 12/19/07, LapBand removal on 8/8/12 and sleeve on1/23/13! Consider joining me at Band2Sleeve!( http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Band2Sleeve/)  Friend me on MyFitnessPal too! I'm gorditabonita74.

Most Active