My Secret - Anyone Nudge an upper pouch cleaning before bed?

SandyR
on 10/17/07 3:51 pm - Portland, OR
Leila, THis IS a pb. A pb is bringing food back up from the pouch, and it is dangerous. Instead of making yourself pb, how about using of the normal bandster things - have a full glass of water (only) one hour before bedtime, to rinse out the pouch. it's very true that any food in the pouch at night can cause reflux, and also causes enough irrtation that many people cannot eat solids in the am becuase of the stoma swelling.  We talk about reflux here all the time, and rinsing the pouch out is very standard band needs.  Reflux can have several cases, not just a too-tight fill. Sandy R Kuri patient educator

DISCLAIMER:  Any suggestions or comments are not intended as medical advice, but only as general information. Please always contact your own surgeon or his staff for any specific problems or concerns you are having. Although I have many years as a medical professional and band educator,  I offer suggestions here only  as an experienced Bandster. 
(deactivated member)
on 10/18/07 12:33 am - IN
Ok now..i now some people here are getting heated.  I will tell you this.. I DID NOT put in the freedom of speack crap.  I wouldnt!!! I was simply using what i now to maybe HELP her, so please dont jump on me, jump on her!!
joyouslyme
on 10/18/07 12:45 am
No one should be getting jumped on PERIOD!!! Sharee

Sharee - Attention Whore IRL

Stephanie M.
on 2/1/11 2:12 am
Very dangerous behavior...

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Lynn C
on 2/1/11 4:33 am
what - stalking through three years of old posts - I agree.

hind sight is 20/20 - all of the problems she was having causing her to engage in this behavior COULD HAVE BEEN due to an undiagnosed band complication - wrong placement or something that doctors could never pinpoint. But as a die hard bandster will do, we make every excuse in the book to not blame the malfunctioning piece of plastic in our bodies until real damage is done.

What a blast from the past though - how many of those people have lost their bands or are to scared to come back here and admit defeat? I see one that is still crazy as a bed bug to!

Wow.

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

adorkbl
on 2/1/11 2:51 am, edited 2/1/11 3:07 am
EDITED: ***Oops. Didn't realize this was an OLD post. And I forgot you already had your band removed***

Leila: I know you don't feel this is a PB... but it is. And I am concerned that it may cause long term problems for you. Please try a cup of hot tea before bed to flush the pouch down instead of up.

Also look into what is causing the buildup. I have allergies (mild) and do find that I have more mucus in the AM and have to blow my nose every morning. I also am unable to eat in the AM (protein shakes only for me in the AM) because the mucus buildup has to drain out first. Luckily for me my allergies are mild and I do not have issues overnight unless I am too tight.

I hope you can find an alternative to empyting your pouch the way you have been. I really would hate to see you end up with complications because of this. ((hugs))

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/11 3:08 am - ~Somewhere in~, PA
Adorklbl, FYI Zee Starlite no longer has a band, she got it removed due to complications and is now a full time band basher!
Most Active