Am I losing enough?

AdrianaJ
on 1/25/07 5:10 am
I had my surgery on 1-5-07 and I have lost 11 pounds. I am wondering should I be losing more. I am in my transitional stage.  I eat maybe once a day and the rest is protein shakes. I am scared once I start eating "regular meals" I will gain my weight back. I know I am going ok but I feel like I should be losing more. Will things speed up when I get my first fill?
(deactivated member)
on 1/25/07 5:15 am - Aberdeen, WA
Typical weight loss for a Lap-Band patient is between one and two pounds per week after obtaining restriction from filling the Lap-Band.
Amanda Miller
on 1/25/07 5:17 am - Cleveland, OH
If you didn't have a preop diet.. alot of that might be water. You are moving along just fine.. You might put on a few pounds once you get to solid food again.  I had lost 22 preop diet and then 10 lbs the week after surgery.. but two days on mushies I was back up 4 lbs. Hope that helps! Amanda

Curvy Consignments
13902 Puritas Ave
Cleveland, OH 44135
www.curvyconsignments.com
Plus Size Consignment Shop in Cleveland

Down 112... 46 to go.

syke32680
on 1/25/07 5:49 am - FL
I was told by the girl that runs the Weightloss center that it is normal and everyone gains some weight back after surgery due to the band not being filled and you are starting to eat the old portion size again.  There is nothing to worry about I gained about 3 lbs back and lost that plus a lb after my 1st fill.  Just excerise and that will help maintain.

Jean B.
on 1/25/07 6:15 am - St. Paul, MN
I think your're actually doing very well.  This period of time is really all about healing - most people say if you lose anything to look at it as a bonus.  It's not necessarily going to speed up with first fill either.  It can take a few fills to get to the point where the band is restricted enough.  Patience, patience.  Now's the time to practice the band eating rules, start and exercise routine and do the best you can.  The next month or so is called Bandster Hell for a very good reaon!!    Jean B.

267/237/171/149      1st nurse's visit/surgery/current/goal
down 66 lbs. since surgery; 96 lbs. total

Cindy51
on 1/25/07 7:05 am - Centralia, IL
Hi Adriana!  I am with ya in this period of time with the band that people call lap band hell!!  Because we have not had a fill yet..most of us fill no restriction till after a few fills, so we get to wait around..grrrrrrrr...I am getting tired of waiting for my weight loss to start!  So anything we lose right now they consider a bonus.  Just wait till we get filled..wooohooo we will be on our way!!  Hugzzzz, Cindy
Banded Dec. 19th, 2006!!  Doing great!! 328 (highest) 317(day of surgery)
First fill date was Feb 5th.  2nd fill March 5th...was to tight..went back 3 days later took out half cc...now have perfect restriction.  April did not need fill.  Next app't is May 7th.

courtneymariah
on 1/25/07 8:34 am - Gill, MA
I had surgery on the same day as you and I have lost 13 pounds. I think it all depends on how much you have to lose as to how much you lose at first. I was not on a preop liquid diet and I was okayed on Monday to eat all textures by my nutritionist so I am eating regular food about 800 calories a day and no protein shakes and I am not gaining, I am still losing actually. You are doing fine and we will be doing much better once we get a fill. I see my surgeon on Feb 7th and I was told by my nutritionist that I will probably get a fill then. Keep up the good work. ~Courtney

Most Active