What's on your plate today?

Kimberly *******
on 1/23/07 9:39 pm - The Boonies of...., ME

Good morning all: 18 degrees out this morning.  Somehow after the below zero weather it feels kind of nice.  I have a bunch of errands to do today, so I'll be in and out. Errands are great for me because it helps me keep my mind off from eating.  And as Vicki said on her post...there must be a bandster's full moon out or something because I've got the munchies BAD!  I really find it hard to believe it's only because of those darned whoopie pies.  Something must be going on hormonally  or something.  I hate it whatever it is....it really messes up the losing weight business. Where on earth is Suggah? I have to make a confession to Chantrel....I copied and printed that darned recipe! Thanks a bunch!  I won't make it though...just keep it to try at a much later date.  For any of you that are wondering what on earth I'm talking about, read my "I've gone off the deep end" post from last night.  It became quite the hot post! LOL Ok...fess up....what's on your plate today?

Kimberly  

We4Brownies
on 1/23/07 9:52 pm
HEY KIMMERS! I JUST REPLIED TO YOUR LAST POST.  I THINK THERE IS SOMETHING GOING ON IN LAPBAND.  I WAS BAD YESTERDAY TOO! I AM GOING TO BAD, BATH AND BEYOND TODAY TO LOOK FOR PILLOWS.  I NEED REALLY BIG ONES.  ASLO, I AM GOING TO PUT TOGETHER A FOOSBALL TABLE.  TARGET HAD THEM ON SALE FOR 50 PERCENT OFF!  IT WAS ONLY 80 DOLLARS, AND IT IS A NICE ONE!   I HAVE BEEN FEELING A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED IN MY WEIGHT LOSS.  I GUESS I JUST WANT IT TO BE FASTER.  IT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS REALLY SLOWED DOWN.  I GET A FILL MONDAY, SO THAT WILL HELP.  I JUST SEEMS LIKE THE CHANGES AT THE BEGINNING WERE SO DRAMATIC, AND I EXPECT TO SEE THAT LEVEL OF CHANGE EVERY MONTH, AND IT JUST DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY.  I HAVE TO BE PATIENT.  I HAVE NOT REALLY STARTED EXERCISING, SO I THINK IT IS TIME TO ADD SOME.  I AM SCARED I WILL GAIN AT FIRST, BECAUSE I GAIN MUSCLE REALLY QUICKLY.  I DO THINK THAT WE HAVE HOMRONAL SURGES AS WE LOSE MORE WEIGHT.  THE FAT HOLDS ESTROGEN, AND IT RELEASES WHEN WE LOSE THE FAT.  SO, I AM USING THAT EXCUSE FOR YESTERDAY! HAVE TO GET BUSY, GOT SHOPPING TO DO! HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY! SUGGAH
 Back 

>>Logout 

picture
WOW, THIS THING REALLY WORKS!
Kimberly *******
on 1/23/07 10:05 pm - The Boonies of...., ME
Suggah, you are too hard on yourself!  You've lost almost 45 lbs since October.  That's ahead of me.  I understand about wanting it to be faster though.  I just want all my fat GONE.  I do the same thing with exercising.  My weight loss all but stops.  It's so discouraging, but I know it's in reality helping me and making me LOOK smaller.  We need to stop being slaves to those damned scales.  As you would say, "I Pssssssttttttt on scales!" LOL Buy something for me while you're out.  Have a great time.  I love Linens and Things and BB&B.  I adore their kitchen gadget section.  I could live there looking and touching and wishing.
Kimberly  

Jean B.
on 1/23/07 10:37 pm - St. Paul, MN
Good Morning!  Just finished my work out at Curves and am now at work.  I haven't been here to read anything about the Munchies, but I have them BAD!!  Nice to know I'm not alone.  I am going for my 2nd fill later this morning and sure hope it helps.  I've been fighting the same 2 lbs for the past 3 weeks and I wish they'd just go away.  Must be all those muscles I'm building since I started at Curves last week.....Hah!  I'm between 23-25 lbs. lost since surgery on Oct. 23rd.  Not impressive, but at least it's down.  But, I want more.  Have a good day.  Jean B.

267/237/171/149      1st nurse's visit/surgery/current/goal
down 66 lbs. since surgery; 96 lbs. total

Kimberly *******
on 1/23/07 10:53 pm - The Boonies of...., ME
Hi Jean: I understand the frustration.  I just have to hold on to the mantra that at least the scale isn't going UP.  Proper restriction is the key.  I had my third fill on the 5th of Jan. and it's still not perfect.  IT was for about 2 weeks and I guess there must have been some swelling involved because it's not as perfect as it was in the beginning. I really thought this was the one this time.  Oh well, maybe next time.  I'm getting closer.  Hang in there Jean...It will happen.
Kimberly  

Linda T.
on 1/23/07 10:42 pm - Mt. Juliet, TN
Fessing up OKAY OKAY!!!!   I drink too much coffee.   Sure it has stopped me from eating but I think the extra creamer is not helping weight loss.  NO I can not drink without creamer.  In the morning I think I drink so much because I wake up thirsty and I try to fix that with coffee.  PHEW>>>>> More fessing up!!!!!!!  I have an appointment with the Pantazis Group Tuesday. Thearpy to work with my depression thru hypnosis.  Ever since I made the appointment and journaling (as I was told) the depression is driving me crazy.   I can honestly say I am more fearful of this experience than of the Lap Band surgery.  Enough of Fessing uP. Today is the day I see my mother (another cause of depression).  This afternoon really.  I time it so I have to leave when she goes to dinner.  She is in assisted living and I go every Wednesday if I want to or not.  Alhazmers (sp) and Parkinsons so she is very needy and emotionally draining.  But she depends on my being there on Wednesdays. I got a ticket last saturday for driving with expired tags  !!!!  Another fess up.  They expired in December and with Christmas I didn't get it done.   So I really need get to the Court Clerks office and then go to the Police Dept and prove I got the tags renewed.  Then they dismiss the ticket. Yesterday I bought two new tops.  One was PETITE XL.  The other was JR 1X (I didn't know they made Junior Large sizes.  They are colors I never wore, Coral and Pink.  I look so cute in them.  Okay enough pat on the back. Enough I am going to be by the BAND RULES today!  So far 2 cups coffee w/less creamer and a Protein Shake w/12 oz of water. It has warmed up here.  Up to 40's now and the sun is out.  Have a good day to all of you and stay within the band rules!   BAND RULES.
Life is a string of problems, held together by moments of pure bliss.  Enjoy the moment it may be your BLISS!
Linda Tidwell    
 210/204/175
Kimberly *******
on 1/23/07 11:00 pm - The Boonies of...., ME
I think you are way too hard on yourself Linda.  I am glad you are going to therepy though. That is a very brave move and I hope it will help you understand what is causing your depression.  Like I said before, I've only experienced in after having a couple of my babies, but it is the pits!   Don't worry about the tags.  I've gone a whole year before I realized I had forgotten to renew my registration.  Luckily I was never caught.   LOL...I just get too busy and don't even think of things like that. Good luck visiting your mother. My grandmother was like that and it was soooo depressing to go visit her.  She would look at me and say, "You found me!"  and I would have to tell her all over again where she was and why and then she would yell at me and tell me how horrid I was for putting her there.  I was only a teen, but she didnt' know the difference.  She was like my second mother and always lived in the same house with us, so it was very hard to see her like that.  My heart goes out to you, but you are doing the right thing by visiting her and keeping an eye on things at the home. Try to have a great day sweetie.
Kimberly  

AnnieLeeMay
on 1/23/07 11:32 pm - Sioux Falls, SD
Good Morning Kim, Suggah, Jean, and Linda...  I am glad you all made it to coffee!!!!  Kim... I can completely relate with the weather.  It is so "nice" out today and I think its like 15 degrees.  However our warm up will be short lived as it will be in  the negatives this weekend.  If I was at my house it would be okay.. but I will be at Bradley Bears this weekend and he has the thermostat set at 64 and will not raise it for anything.  I think he does it intentionally cause we stay in bed longer in the morning and under the covers most of the day??? However I could be completely wrong on this!!!  So Kim what is this recipie?? I wish I had your motivation Jean cause I need to start working out more!! I am doing really really bad with this.  I am just doing more walking.. and haven't ridden my bike in ages.  I really really need to do that.  Maybe when some decisions are made in my life I can do that!!!  This weekend I am planning a big party for Brad.  I called all of his old co-workers and arranged for them to meet up for a comedey.  I thought it was going to be like 8 of us.  SO far its 16.  I am so EXCITED!!! Brad doesn't have a clue as to what is going on!!! So some how I have to "trick" him into going to comedey on Saturday night!!! It will be so much fun!!!  Now -- I am going to post in another topic but was wondering if we ever thought of coordianting a excercise video exchange?  Kinda like a book club.  Because it would spice up everyones work out routines and may even encourage someone to start excercising? What do you all think? Well I better get payroll done.. LOL. Melanie

284/222/199/145
Start/Current/Mini Goal/Goal

Kimberly *******
on 1/23/07 11:42 pm - The Boonies of...., ME
LIke you don't have enough to do...you want to coordinate a video exchange!  You are crazy girl. As for the recipe, I am not going to be responsible if you make it and blow your diet.  Take it up with Chantrel who posted the demon recipe.  It's under the post, "I'm going off the deep end". Sounds like you are going to have fun this weekend.  What is Comedey?
Kimberly  

AnnieLeeMay
on 1/23/07 11:49 pm - Sioux Falls, SD

HAHAHAHHA..Being busy keeps me sane!!! Comedey is code word for..getting a group of people together to go see a live Comedey Act. We don't care if the comedian sucks, we just go as a large group and laugh at ourselves.  Granted we are in SD/IA so we don't get the best selection but it always makes it for a fun night!!!

284/222/199/145
Start/Current/Mini Goal/Goal

Most Active