One day early, but truly excited.

Sandgee
on 1/23/07 5:25 am - boynton beach, FL
Lap Band on 01/24/06 with

I really don't post all that much.  Mostly I lurk, reading here and there, quietly applauding when things work, feeling bad when someone is having problems with their band and such.

Tomorrow is my day though.  One year ago tomorrow I stepped over that huge deep chasm that was my death and joined the losing side.

Yes, it is about scale victories.  I went from 316.5 to where I am now, 250.

Yes it is about non scale victories. I have gone from a size 30 to an 18/20 in most cases.

Mostly though, it is about my self esteem.  I found it sometime this past year and it has been building itself up.  I found I no longer ever want to be put last. I am worth more.  I can look in the mirror, and although I am still getting use to who looks back at me, I see a beautiful woman.

My world is not the dark hopeless place it was.  There is light, and air and joy and happiness...

My band was my bridge to the world I was searching for.  I will be forever grateful to modern technology for giving me my life back.

This coming year for me will be interesting.  I still have to get down another 70 pounds before I can consider myself ready to discuss PS for my saggy old body.

I am saving up for the clothing I will buy in the near future.

My journey is long, Tomorrow starts the newest year, the future will be priceless.

May all of you who are having Bandiversaries have a wonderful, wonderous 2007.  Let us reach our goals, on the scale and in the world.

Sandra
 320/255/170

longhorngrad76
on 1/23/07 5:34 am - Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
Sandra, Thanks so much for sharing yourself. You write such inspiring words. Congratulations on your past victories and best wishes for the future.  Kayla
calgal
on 1/23/07 5:38 am - socal, CA
hi, congratulations on your new life...                                         sally
OneSillyGirl
on 1/23/07 5:40 am - Frisco, TX
Wow Sandra,

You could at least give a girl a Kleenex Alert!
That is amazing. Gives me alot of hope as I start my journey. God bless!
Brenda
Banded 2/2007, Hit Goal in 2/2008. Unfill and partial refill 4/2010. .25 Fill 10/2011.
Working on the 40lbs I gained while unfilled! Back to the drawing board!

annaherbst
on 1/23/07 5:43 am - Hollis, NY

Oh my gosh! you made me cry tears of joy!  I am so happy for you! I am where you were one year ago, and I hope to be where you are now in one year from now! My date is 2/22.  I hope to see you on here more often, you are an inspiration! It is about the weight loss but I also believe there are so many other things that we will have to deal with as the "real" person who had been lurking inside for so long - comes out.

Bless you!

Cheers 

Anna   

MARCIAM
on 1/23/07 5:44 am - Sayville, NY
Congratulations! I share and understand your happiness! Continued good luck to you!
Marcia 297/169 so far/140
RNY on 9/22/08
My life is starting over & yours can too!

Jean B.
on 1/23/07 5:46 am - St. Paul, MN
Sandra, You have done a fabulous job and a wonderful thing for yourself.  What a year you have had.  I wish you continued success - thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings.  Jean B.

267/237/171/149      1st nurse's visit/surgery/current/goal
down 66 lbs. since surgery; 96 lbs. total

Most Active